She won't drink!!!

Lucyboo

Reaction score
Right, my little girl won't drink, she refuses anything and everything, I've given her water/juice/ warm/room temp, used normal sippy cup, 360 munchkin cup, even resorted to offering in a bottle and from a normal cup, she literally refuses to open her mouth, I even try and ignore her sometimes, I've now resorted to giving her citrus segments so she can suck the juice out of it just to get some fluid. It's not even like she has lots of milk. 5oz approx 7am, 4oz approx 2pm, 5oz 6.45pm. Any tips??

Ice lollies? Could make your own to avoid lots of sugar.

My little girl won't drink anything other than milk she will open her mouth but let's it run straight out. I would have suggested trying it warm but seen you've tried that. I think it's just a case of keep trying. Could you offer more milk even if it's just a small amount for her to drink xxx

Keep offering water. As well as getting fluid from milk, she will be getting fluid from foods as well. Mine both took ages to accept water, but now drink it like there's no tomorrow!

My lb did this a few weeks ago, don't worry Hun it does get better just wait now till she lets you know and she will if after you've waited for say 2 hours and nothing offer of she's not wanting it wait again if same go to your dr for a check up xxx

Some of these are really helpful, thanks ladies. She's happy in herself so I don't think she is dehydrated. I just worry. I did actually offer an extra small bottle of milk the other day, she is also teething and has the sniffles with it so whether that is making a difference. Another funny thing she tries to do is suck water out of her bath sponge, maybe I should offer her a clean one with plain water lol.

Ahhh the sniffles will not help her if she's feeling bunged up maybe ask the dr for some nasal drops? We use them for our boy when he's v blocked up and it seems to help also try snuffle babe on her feet and chest and back it may relieve some of it for her. Hope she starts drinking better soon Hun. Xxx

You can buy them nasal drops or nasal spray everywhere! It helps loads for helping them breath at night!

Lucy my lg does the same with the bath sponge and the past 2 days she won't drink milk offered by anyone else but me. She's just started with a runny nose so I'm wondering if it's related as she's never usually bothered who's giving her a bottle xxx

My LO loves juice straight from the fridge, esp when she was teething. I bought her the baby juice and watered it down and she really loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back