She hates my food!!

twinkles

Reaction score
I've tried B on home cooked food a few times now and she won't eat it! She loves the jars!!! I have spent all morning cooking and she just won't eat anything!!! I'm hoping she's just not hungry but I think that's wishful thinking! :( x

Lol I have the same problem. There's only certain things I cook myself that he'll eat but he wolfs down jars like nobody's business!

Ah I had the opposite one when on vacation and I was trying to give her a jar she had none of it lol.
I heard before here (no personal experience so don't shoot the messenger lol) that babies that eat usually jars is common the refuse homemade food as the jars taste much more bland than home cooked food,
Someone back then suggested to try mixing jars with homemade food ad slowly increase the portion of homemade food until she takes a full homemade meal.
I don't think she hates your cooking its just probably not used to so much flavor but she will get there :)

I dunno!! I was going to try mixing it with jar but she refused point blank to even try, wouldn't touch finger food then either!!! Stubborn little madam! X

Awe maybe she was just not hungry? Amelie has days like that, well actually most of the days when she refuses to try even her food or to hold her finger food.
Little madams...

I've not actually given James any jars yet, but he hates my food so I may have to try that route if there is no improvement soon :shock:

xxxxx

B loves the jars! So bland!!!! Too much flavour in fresh food I think!!!

I ended up mixing half jar and half my cooking which kinda worked!!! Although lunch ended up being 4pm!!! X

I'm sure I saw on here once some one suggesting putting home made food in a jar so LO thought it came out a jar?!

I'm sure I saw on here once some one suggesting putting home made food in a jar so LO thought it came out a jar?!
Haha. I suggested that to someone the other day :) I wonder if B would be fooled? Can't offer any better suggestions x

I've been giving Aaron pouches for a couple f weeks as I ran out of my food and didn't have any time to make more. He loves them - he was on hunger strike with my food. I thought it was maybe the texture as the pouches are a lot amoother

Just even shopping for groceries to do more cooking so we shall see!

Tapatalking!

alex was exactly the same then one day refused to eat a jar and robbed my dinner instead has loved my food ever since she will come round hun dont worry xx

Ethan loves jars too! My food tends to get spat out lol but he is coming round to it slowly! He does eat a couple of my meals (spaghetti bolognese and beef stew). I think a lot of it with Ethan is due to consistency as I think the jars are a bit smoother xx

Try mixing some butter or milk through what you have made to soften it and make it a bit wetter. I often add some Ella's apples to her chicken and veg, and she eats it then. I put cheese and milk into her spam Bol to make her eat it and butter and milk in her salmon and carrots!

She won't touch it otherwise. Although she is also refusing most of what I cook now. She is only takin her puddings. Hope its just a phase. Only thing she is still scoffing is her pasta in a tomato garlic and basil sauce! X

Amelie is having what is offered in front of her ha ha if she dosent want it that's too bad she can have her milk later she gets usually no other choices or maybe fruit if its lunch ...

I am one bad mama I see :(. I never mixed things inside to make them sweeter or smoother for her as I was afraid to not create a fussy eater.

Thankfully she may not eat a whole lot but she never turned down sth because of the taste or texture (other than the jars that she preferred to actually drink a bottle of milk :roll: instead of eating an Ella's kitchen pouch ha ha but she still tried 3 spoonfuls before she nodded no no no to me :shock:)

I hope your little monkeys come around fast with their culinary ideas as its so stressful when they don't eat :(

She eats no problem just not my cooking!!!!! I will happily give her jars if that's what she prefers, I can't force her to eat my food if its the stronger flavours or textures she isn't keen on I'm sure she will enjoy eventually!! I think if I gave her only my cooking and she refused it I would end up with a fussy eater, I know I can't eat something I don't like the texture or taste of!! So mixing a bit of both is a better start than nothing!!!

She slept really well last night on not as much food as normal so I know that it isn't a massive problem if she's eating a little less! X

Twinkles then just give her jars if there is no problem for you? Or do you want to get her to eat what you cook for her?
Then mixing them sounds perfectly logical.
Maybe its just a phase?or maybe she has to try them more to find out if she likes them or not?
They say that it takes several tries for them to accept new tastes so maybe you can offer a jar and 1/2 way through some of home cooked food and if she eats it ok if not you can offer the rest of the jar?
Or you can introduce home cooked food as a finger food maybe that way it will be fun enough for her to be brave and try it?
Some times Amelie will refuse sth that I give her from the spoon or as a finger food but she will take it just fine if I brake a little piece and I feed her with my hand ? (Such a diva I have lol...)

So good to hear she does better with her sleep! I hope you manage to rest a little now

I very rarely bother giving daisy grace anything I cook as its usually loaded with spice or garlic or something probably too strong. Haha. Shes happy with ellas. The jars are bland hu. Im not keen but she likes them too. Strange kids. Haha. Xx

tapatalking

I've tried B on home cooked food a few times now and she won't eat it! She loves the jars!!! I have spent all morning cooking and she just won't eat anything!!! I'm hoping she's just not hungry but I think that's wishful thinking! :( x

I posted a thread in the Ask a Mum section on exactly the same issue. My LO's being an absolute nightmare when it comes to eating my food. Today she threw it all on the floor!!! I wasn't impressed. This afternoon she was like a completely different child when I fed her from a couple of jars!

I've gone back to something really simple, rather than spending hours cooking and have it uneaten or on the floor. We're currently working on pasta with tomato sauce. I'm thinking of gradually adding bits to it as she gets used to the taste. She does at least enjoy picking up fusilli because it's easy to hold.

I really really want her to be eating my food when our new baby arrives. Jars are so expensive compared to cutting out a portion of my own dinner for her. With my next one, we're not even going to start on the jars. I'm not having this kind of fuss again (they'll probably be a really rubbish sleeper or something to make up for it!).

Anyhow, good luck! It's a real uphill struggle! x

Kaiden won't eat my food either but loves the jars, I can see him eating them when he's 18 lol. He gags every time I try him on my food xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See daisy will eat anything (yep I realise the irony of this now) but surely a veg madras is too spicy for her? She was chomping on my popadom earlier. I think she would eat what I give her but its me who has the issue! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back