Sharp pains around ovary area

timtam78

Reaction score
Hi guys, we're almost at the 2 year mark of ttc. Each cycle I normally have a bit of throbbing around the ovary area, but this cycle I've noticed some quite sharp pains and sort of pulling feelings on both sides but mostly the right. They're not severe but not very comfortable either. I was going to it till the 2 year mark and go to doctors about ttc in general, but I'm wondering whether to go about these pains soon. Anyone had anything similar?

Last edited:
It sounds like it would be a good idea to go to the drs a bit earlier than planned. I've had a similar thing to what you describe every month when i ov, but i guess cos it has always been there (and always worse on the right too funnily enough), that i never worried about it. For you, i'd get it checked as its a new thing. Are your cycles more regular now? They used to be really long didn't they?

Yeh duck, they were really long and irregular but now they seem to have regulated to approx 35 days now. I've always had a bit of throbbing so, like you, didn't worry about it too much, just thought it was normal, plus if I'd have had anything abnormal going on surely they would have picked it up in my previous preg scans. But the sharper pains recently i don't remember having before. Always put off going to the docs as I'm worried about getting fobbed off. Think I'm going to make an appointment for this soon though.

Last edited:
I generally get ovulation pains, kind of niggly cramps that are quite painful but nothing too alarming generally. But this month and I've had it before a few times, I've got horrendous ovary pain with my period, so bad I've had to get strong painkillers out. Had an internal scan so assume that would should show anything dodgy but it is a worry xx

Hi I get OV pains each month but the are more like twinges than strong pains. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but it might be worth a trip to the drs to get checked out.
X

Thx guys, mine were after ov, during my tww. Only got them on a couple of days and it's gone now but will see of it happens again next cycle. Maybe it was just a cyst that sorted itself out or something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back