Sharing my experience!!!!

sambump

Reaction score
Hi Mums....... and to be :D

I just wanted to share my news. My beautiful boy, Rio Cade arrived on 16th August 2005.

I went into hospital at 8am after having contractions in the night. Upon arrival, I was 3cm dilated and was ok. I had one jab of pethadine and at at 12 started with gas & air. At 1pm I was 7cm dilated and couldnt believe how "easy" ???? this was! oopss i spoke too soon.

The midwife then broke my waters and WOW, did the contractions hurt then. I asked for an Epidural and at 2.30 the doc tried, (FOR 20 MINS) to get the needle in but couldnt, so another doc came and he tried again for a similar time. By this time I was really in pain and getting stressed. Also my babies heartbeat was dropping dramatically and at this stage they decided I needed an Emergency Ceasarean. God did I panick!!!!

I was wheeled into theatre and at 3.30pm, Rio Cade was plucked from tummy and whisked away to be checked. Thankfully, he was perfect and I finally relaxed, I was finally a mum :D

Three weeks down the line, my wound is healing well and im being more and more mobile each day. Rio is thriving.

No body could have prepared me for the sleepless nights, constant feeding and nappy changing, but I wouldnt change him for the world!

I hope everyone is good, and would be nice to share your experiences.

Sam & Rio

X

congratulations on your little boy, and what a beutiful name.

I had a lovely little girl, called her Layla.

congratulations! my story is slightly silmilar, jamies heartbeat dropped suddendly towards the end and i had to have emergency c-section, which was kind of annoying after being in labour for 18 hours!! ive posted my experience on "announce your arrival" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back