Shall I test?!

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by BettyHoop, Sep 9, 2016.

1. BettyHoop

BettyHoop Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell I am 11dpo, af due mon 12th or maybe tues.

Oh and I decided to postpone ttc until after we get married in 2018 after a mc earlier this year. Not overly happy about that but actually stopping ttc has been good for me.

So I decided to go on the contraceptive pill to help regulate my periods as they have been crazy heavy and long. But I have a dreadful memory and haven't taken it for 8 years so decided it isn't for me. After an initial freak out my oh ended up thrilled that I was pregnant last time, so we would be happy to be pregnant, waiting til 2018 is more about convenience and i'll be 35 then.

Usually I get terrible pms in the week before my period, but with it looming in a few days I suddenly realised I don't feel like it's on its way, and last night whilst visiting a friend I realised my nipples felt sensitive, something I don't normally suffer from. (I actually stopped mid conversation to feel my boobs, much to my friends amusement!) Me and oh haven't ttc this month, but haven't tried not to either which is our usual pattern the last couple of months.

Now I've been sitting here thinking all morning about testing, but after many years ttc in the past and many bfns I don't want to feel sad over another BFN! Last night I dreamt I tested and I was two months gone already! In reality that isn't possible. On the other hand - its my best friends birthday party tomorrow night and I want to know if I can have a couple of drinks with her or not, but I know I may still be even if I get a BFN. What would you do?!

2. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

I would test but then I am a total poas addict!

Does your oh know that you aren't taking the pill anymore?

XX

3. BettyHoop

Yes he knows. We usually avoid dtd around my fertile days, unless he's feeling particularly loving then he doesn't! He is always aware of my cycles and I tell him when I am most fertile so he can decide. He is quite against me taking the pill too as he believes in natural ways xx

4. candymycandy

candymycandy Well-Known Member

I would leave it until morning and use fmu. That way you have best chance of getting accurate result and you'll also know better what to do for your friend's party! Good luck x

5. BettyHoop

Good idea candymycandy! What does fmu stand for? Xx

6. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

It means first morning urine, basically your first pee of the day.

Hcg is more concentrated in the morning, so you're more likely to see a clearer positive.

Good luck!

XX

7. BettyHoop

Thank you :) I thought it was an abbreviation for some kind of pregnancy test! What do you think is the best early pregnancy test? Xx

8. baby1201

baby1201 Well-Known Member

I would go with first response x

9. BettyHoop

Thank you xx

10. BettyHoop

So after all that I forgot to test when I woke up this morning! As I was on the toilet I glanced up and noticed the test on the bathroom shelf! Opps. It's a clear blue digital - the only one I could get hold of yesterday. If I test when I next need to go, do you think that will be ok? Or should I wait til tomorrow?

11. Bobby23

Bobby23 Well-Known Member

Hold for a few hours if you can and retest. I always used to do this so got in the habit of keeping a little pot next to the loo I could grab when I was half asleep! Good luck xx

12. Sugarpop

Sugarpop Well-Known Member

I would wait for FMU. The CB Digi's are not very sensitive so you could get a false negative.

13. BettyHoop

Thanks for you replies. Are the first response ones more sensitive? I could get one this afternoon and test then. Or maybe just resign myself to the fact that it's going to be a sober party for me! I actually don't feel like going or drinking anyway :/ xx

14. Crazycatwoman

Crazycatwoman Well-Known Member

Even if you are pregnant, it is just a lot of cells and the alcohol wouldn't affect the baby at this stage x

15. BettyHoop

Really? Thats interesting.

So I did the test - BFN :( now I really don't feel like going to a party! No more tests for me, just going to wait for af. There's nothing worse than a BFN xx

16. BettyHoop

Af hasn't arrived, woke up early this morning with super sensitive nipples. I think I need to go out and buy another test!

17. Milk no sugar

Milk no sugar Member

Did you retest Betty hoop? Fingers crossed for you x

18. BettyHoop

Hi! Not yet - I don't finish work til 5pm so will go shopping after that. I'll test tonight as I'm officially late now. Will update later :) xx

19. cers123

cers123 Well-Known Member

Oh fingers crossed x

20. Shinebright

Shinebright Member

Good luck for when you do test xx