Shall I carry on or stop?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
So far we've just done tasters.

James has tasted petite filous (just a dab on finger as I know he shouldn't have diary) same with a dab of natural yoghurt. We have done this on a few occasions though.

He's also had banana, chunk and puree and he's tasted an EK apple puree and pear puree.

Every single time he's tasted something he has grimaced and made a face like he hates the taste, however he's always come back for more (he grabs the spoon, or my finger, he sucks on the banana chunk again) but he makes that disgusted face every single time?

Shall I leave it for a few weeks or is he just getting used to different tastes?

I may just give him a spoon to play with for the time being :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
My nephew still pulls that face at 9 months lol xx

My nephew still pulls that face at 9 months lol xx

It must be a taste thing, as James actually likes to "eat" - he has not problems with anything in his mouth etc, it's just the initial taste (but it is every time he tastes LOL)

xxxxxx

I think they must expect it to be milk still? Lol xx

W still pulls faces like your poisoning him... Then he wants more. He loves tangerines. He screws his face up then picks it up again and does it again. Ha... I just thought it was normal?!xx

H looks disgusted when he first tastes something even the things he loves, it's like he doesn't trust me! Lol!
Xxx

M pulls this face at me too with her porridge but then lunges forward for more with her mouth wide open.
Keep going lovely it will take a while until they are used to new and familiar tastes x

Yeah Alex still pulls the 'what the hell is this you're feeding me?!' face with the first mouthful of anything, but he still wants more afterwards. Strange babies :lol:

According to Aarons speech and language therapist - pulling faces, sticking out tongue, spitting food and even gagging are all part of the "learning to eat" and tasting process and all perfectly normal

My 2.5 year old still pulls faces...

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

We had banana again this afternoon (pureed and a few chunks) and had the same reaction. He 'wants' it but then looks like he hates it LOL!

It's very interesting what Aaron's therapist says, and yep that makes perfect sense!

xxxxx

Last edited:
Aaron stills looks at me like Im trying to poision him every meal time, but he still eats it all :lol:

We had banana again this afternoon (pureed and a few chunks) and had the same reaction. He 'wants' it but then looks like he hates it LOL!

It's very interesting what Aaron's therapist says, and yep that makes perfect sense!

xxxxx

Does he cry or move his head away?

Bethan does this and also blows raspberries at me when she doesn't like it or has had enough.

If it's just a funny face keep persevering. He's just getting used to the taste

tapatalking

Carry on Hun! I think James is about the same age as my lo and we started weaning this week - He's seems to be loving it - he is having 3 very small meals a day :) when we give him something new he looks like he's just sucked a lemon, but he wants more by the time he's had the second spoonful x

:) Tapatalking :)

Does he cry or move his head away?

Bethan does this and also blows raspberries at me when she doesn't like it or has had enough.

If it's just a funny face keep persevering. He's just getting used to the taste

tapatalking

No crying or moving head away, he actually lunges towards spoon / what I am offering in my hand with his mouth wide open LOL

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back