Sex??!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Holly7654, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Holly7654

Holly7654 Member

Someone please tell me sex life gets back to normal after the babys born? Im getting so frustrated! Xx

2. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

It does, I promise, I can completely relate as I'm also very frustrated ... Counting down the weeks lol x

3. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Oh no!! I don't want to scare you off but I didn't have sex for a loooong time after having my daughter.. I tore horrifically and it still hurts now from the scar tissue.. (she's 4) :( It was rubbish but i'm pretty sure i'm an anomaly, most people from what i've heard get back to it within weeks! xx

4. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

not me KateK.... took us over 7 months to even attempt it as my scar tissue hurt so much. I was breastfeeding and knackered and sex was (and still is) the last thing on my mind but I felt terrible for my poor patient husband. After that we didn't try again until after a year. To be fair my sex drive is so low normally that sex is fairly rare regardless of pregnancy/babies - but hearing so many stories about people doing it hours, day or weeks after having a baby always shocks me!! :)

We are now expecting #2 and have only had sex twice since conception in February too... my husband deserves a medal!

5. MrsB2105

We have probably only had sex 5 times from about 12 weeks as my bump has just been too big. I do feel bad for the husband but he hasn't pestered me at all. As I said, our sex life went back to normal ... It wasn't immediate and when the midwife told me on leaving the ward to try and not get pregnant for nine months my response was 'not going to happen as I have stitches' ... Apparently that doesn't stop some people though x

6. Toni1

Toni1 Well-Known Member

Awwww man so sorry to hear some of your stories. Those are long periods of time to not have sex. I hope that this time around everyone goes back to normal quickly.

Holly7654 this is my fourth pregnancy and I never stopped having sex till the day I delivered and once I delivered I always followed the doctors orders and waited for 6 weeks and no bleeding before engaging again. I may have been lucky because I never had a tear that some of the ladies are explaining. I'm praying that I don't tear this time either but this pregnancy has been really textbook so I probably will tear.

MrsB2105 have you tried laying on your left side with your right leg up on lots of pillows and your left leg between hubbies legs while he is on his knees? This position is great when your bump is just too big.

7. MrsB2105

No I haven't tried that, Thankyou, when the weather cools down I shall give that a go :) x

8. Toni1

Toni1 Well-Known Member

Yes it is soooooo hot! I hope it works for you ;)

9. Holly7654

Holly7654 Member

Thank you all for the info, i really hope i don't tear! But i guess whatever happens happens and ill just have to wait and see how things go, fingers crossed all goes okay! Thanks again all! Xx

10. MrsB2105

Fingers crossed everything goes well for you x

11. Flo1

Flo1 Well-Known Member

We waited 6 weeks after birth last time and went back to normal when breastfeeding stopped. Didn't tear, over here they cut you as soon as they think you might tear so it's a nice clean, small wound that heals quite fast. I did feel pain with the stitches the first times, but it gets better!

12. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I waited 18 months haha was well too scared after my tear x

13. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Oh yes it goes back to normal and for me it even got better. But my drive is very high overall and during pregnancy too so we didn't have the dry spell that many couples do (which is normal and ok too!). We waited 3.5 weeks after baby 1 (but I didn't tear with her) and the full 6 weeks after baby 2 (I had a very minor tear that had to heal).