Sex of the baby

JMC

Reaction score
Well, you have all been their, you all know the outcome !!

What do you think about finding out the sex of the baby

We all know the pro's and cons of it...

Pro's - plan for the baby better, clothes colours etc
Cons - ruins the natural excitement of birth when you find out

What do you think about it all? At the moment i think we are going to find out the sex of the baby, im just interested to see what people who have been their think !

I found the sex out when pregnant with my son, just because im nosey and am really bad at waiting for things. I am going to find out the sex this time round on 7th July because OH and I really want a girl this time. It with be OHs first child and my second, but he thinks of my son as his, so hes hopin for a girl aswell.

Personally I dont think theres anything wrong with finding it out or not.
Like I said im just a curious person and i feel i need to know.

Hiya

Well its all down to personal choice and whats right for one couple is not for another....But for us, we did not want to find out (well, I did but was over ruled) - Though it was so hard to find the will power not to know, we are both glad we decided against finding out the sex. Not knowing the sex was definitely more exciting! - I'm so glad Paul put his foot down on that one.
I was convinced we were having a Girl - But we had a
bcbbboy2.gif

If we have more children, we won't be finding out the sex.

violet-glow said:
I found the sex out when pregnant with my son, just because im nosey and am really bad at waiting for things. I am going to find out the sex this time round on 7th July because OH and I really want a girl this time. It with be OHs first child and my second, but he thinks of my son as his, so hes hopin for a girl aswell.

Personally I dont think theres anything wrong with finding it out or not.
Like I said im just a curious person and i feel i need to know.

Haha true, the tempation will be to much !! I think its inevertable we will find out before the birth. Maybe more to do with the planning rather than being nosey haha !!

Rachael said:
Hiya

Well its all down to personal choice and whats right for one couple is not for another....But for us, we did not want to find out (well, I did but was over ruled) - Though it was so hard to find the will power not to know, we are both glad we decided against finding out the sex. Not knowing the sex was definitely more exciting! - I'm so glad Paul put his foot down on that one.
I was convinced we were having a Girl - But we had a
bcbbboy2.gif

If we have more children, we won't be finding out the sex.

Ahh completely different perspective...

So the excitement is definetly worth it then !!

God ive changed my mind in a matter of minutes, i want to wait !!

But isn't it the womens choice? Theirs nothing i can do if she wants to find out the sex is their :(

Hiya JMC

Well I REALLY wanted to know - I could not see myself not finding out, especially when it was so easy to do so....But my hubby really wanted it to be a surprise and managed to convince me to wait....and it was soooooooooo hard! - I had some scans on my own and was so tempted to ask and just not tell him.....But I didn't in the end because I would have ended up telling him and he would not have been happy!
...I waited the whole nine months and was absolutely besides myself with curiosity. The first thing I did was look between his legs to see what flavour baby I had had - If you can find the strength not to find out, don'tbecause it adds an extra element of excitement to it all.

Rachael said:
Hiya JMC

Well I REALLY wanted to know - I could not see myself not finding out, especially when it was so easy to do so....But my hubby really wanted it to be a surprise and managed to convince me to wait....and it was soooooooooo hard! - I had some scans on my own and was so tempted to ask and just not tell him.....But I didn't in the end because I would have ended up telling him and he would not have been happy!
...I waited the whole nine months and was absolutely besides myself with curiosity. The first thing I did was look between his legs to see what flavour baby I had had - If you can find the strength not to find out, don'tbecause it adds an extra element of excitement to it all.

Too be honest i dont have a choice, i think if she wants to find out she will do so with my say so or not.

Its another thing i dont want to quarrel about, theirs better things to concentrate on, but it really would be exciting !!

With Lydia we didn't find out. We wanted a surprise and didn't mind what gender she was going to be. It was fun guessing and the surprise was wonderful.

For our next one though we will find out for the simple reason that we have lots of pink baby clothes now so it would be nice to know whether or not we need to buy blue stuff lol.

I don't think it really matters whether or not you find out - it's totally personal preference.

With Kurt i wanted to know as i am far too impatient to wait :lol:
With Beth i wanted to know as i actually had a bet with my OH that she was a girl :oops: I WON :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
With this one when i went for my 20 week scan they couldnt tell as she had her legs crossed :lol: but they scanned me again a few weeks ago and the sonographer actually said she ........... and i questioned it and she looked at me and said you didnt know did you :lol: i was quite happy not knowing and was all prepared with my white stuff ready :lol: but finding out it was a girl did mean that i could dig out all beths old bits etc so that saved me quite a lot of money ;)

i really wanted to know but my hospital wont tell u incase they get it wrong but i had strong feeling from the time i found out i was PG that he was gonna be a boy and i was rite lol , i really wanted to know the sex for sure so i looked into a 3D scan but they are just so expensive that i couldnt! but my GP told me at 40 weeks (went 5 days over) that he was 99% certain it was a boy they can tell by the heart beat/ the way the baby is lieing, then again in the hospital wen i was in labour the MW sed she thought it was a boy and out pops HAHAHA lil trouble

As soon as I found out I was PG I was beside myself wanting to know what the sex was! Its a surprise no matter when you find out, I was convinced I was having a boy and I'm actually having a girl! We have named her Leorah and we talk about her as a person and have bought loads of girly stuff. For me it helped me bond with my bump as a real person but this isn't the same for everyone :D

skatty said:
As soon as I found out I was PG I was beside myself wanting to know what the sex was! Its a surprise no matter when you find out, I was convinced I was having a boy and I'm actually having a girl! We have named her Leorah and we talk about her as a person and have bought loads of girly stuff. For me it helped me bond with my bump as a real person but this isn't the same for everyone :D

Yeh even though i know theirs a real little person in their... it helps when you can relate to it as a he or a she or by a name rather than 'it'

Me and my OH decided to wait for a surprise. I was asked at 17 weeks if I wanted gto know, as the sonographer could make it out but I said no (though was tempted). It was the best thing for us as it was so exciting. I was convinced I was having a girl, and she was. I won't be finding out the next times either. I personally don't like a lot of pink and my house id fairly neutral so the nursery would have been anyway, and we found it so easy to buy neutral clothes, plus everyone bought loads opf girl stuff when she was born so we had loads of pink after all.

I wanted to know so asked them and they said I was having a little boy. Im glad I asked because it made me feel more connected to the baby and buying clothes was better. You still get a suprise anyway when you meet baby coz you've never seen him/her before :D I can understand why people dont want to know though.

Rachel xx

We found out, i'm impaitient!! but next time round we won't.
As soon as I found out we were having a boy I felt different towards my bump, I suddenly became more maternal I think, its hard to describe. Somehow it made it seem more real.

Each to their own tho.

We're not going to find out the sex as we want it to be a surprise and as long as it's healthy and normal - we don't care

i did want to know and knew i was having a boy . i knew it would be a boy and it did not take any excitement away at birth. in a way i found it was better because oh wanted a girl and was a bit disappointed when he found out it was a boy at first. then he kind of studied girls behaviour and told me he was soooooooooooooooo happy to have a boy lol that did give him time to get used to the idea of having a boy :)

but maybe i won't find out the second time, although i'd like a girl :)

i didnt find out the sex of my baby i was waitin till it was time then i had a lovely suprise of having a little baby girl

I loved knowing as did my hubby - not for practical reasons but just because we named him and i definitely felt it helped us bond with our little Jakey before he'd even popped out especially for me as he was a surprise. That said you'll bond anyway whilst the little nipper's kicking around in mummy's tummy. You either wanna know of you don't - i'd find out next time and the next ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back