Sex following C Section

Stupidred

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone knew properly how long after a cs you are advised to wait until having sex.

With my first section i think we waited until week 10 and i had my first period week 6 after birth.

I'm three weeks post my second section and my hubby asked if i knew. I think its my boobs - they're massive and he can't stop noticing them. Tbh i feel i could have sex but from the research online there is mixed answers. Lots of women saying they'd had no problems if done carefully but some saying you may still be at risk for infection.

Any help ladies? X

My wound didn't close until 18 weeks but we still had sex just a bit more gentle than usual ha! Its not infection from the wound thats the problem its the internal infection. If youve stopped your post partum bleeding then you should be okay. This is the lining of your womb shedding after birth (just like period) so you will get this even if you didn't give birth vaginally. Usually the bleeding takes 6 weeks and doctors usually recommend waiting until six weeks post partum but if you feel you could (more importantly that you want too) just take it easy and stop if you need to. I found orgasming really sore around my section so just a heads up, also using lube will really help and use contraception :p haha! Have fun and good luck :):)

I waited at leasf 6 weeks and even then i dont think i was up to it. Its uo to you and how your feeling. Sex was the last thing i wanted... lol still is id rather sleep.

I waited at leasf 6 weeks and even then i dont think i was up to it. Its uo to you and how your feeling. Sex was the last thing i wanted... lol still is id rather sleep.

Hahaha with two under two you'd think it would be the last thing on my mind too. I think I'm just enjoying not being pregnant for what feels like the past 2/3 years x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back