Sex after HSG

Ann30

Reaction score
Hi all, hope everyone is well? :)
I just got my date thru for my hsg which is next Tuesday. It's cycle day 11 for me and I was just wondering how soon can u do the deed afterwards? Iv been reading about people who have got pregnant afterwards (I'm not gettin my hopes up by the way!been caught out with that too many times!) so I don't want to miss the chance this cycle. Was so down when I came on this month as I'd been told by a psychic I would discover I was pregnant on 14th jan- knew I wouldnt but there was that dreaded glimmer of hope there and when I came on I could have punched her- they shouldn't be allowed to tell people stuff like that!
Any way, if any one can help that would be great :) thank you xxx

Hiya, I had my HSG this morning at CD9. No one told me not to BD so I think its ok to do it straight away if you feel up to it. Im still having cramps so no BD for me tonight!!

Good luck with your HSG :)

Ah great- thanks for that Hun. Good luck with everything for u too! Xx

I think you are considerewd more fertile after an hsg for 3-6 months but if only ever seen one personon here get pg immediately after an hsg. You can dtd as soon as you are ready. There is a risk of infection though with an hsg so abstaine if you feel sore, bleed (more than just light spotting) or have a discharge. In all honesty I would wait a cycle. Really, what it is one more cycle and your tubes won't change in the space of a month!!

I was told to BD as soon as I was comfortable after my HSG. I think I left it a couple of days, just in case, though I had no bad pain/bleeding. It worked for us and I now have my little miss, I conceived the same cycle.

Lots of :dust: xx

I done the deed 4 days after a lap, hsg and hysteroscopy, was told just to do it whenever I was ready, in all fairness the Dr probably didn't mean 4 days haha but it never done me any harm xx

That's amazing Charliebear!! I had it done yesterday morning it wasn't too bad at all to be honest, and I'm a right wimp! The doc said to resume normal activity straight away so we dtd last night! I didn't have any bleeding but got to admit I'm aching all over today and feel absolutely shattered so I'm just contemplating calling work at the mo and having a duvet day. I hate it tho I don't do sick days I feel so bad but I really feel like I should take it easy. I'm feeling quite good at the moment too as I'm feeling like finally things are happening and the wheels are in motion :) xxxx

A duvet day sounds gud hun, im the same never take a day off but i think sumtimes you just have to do wats best for you and rest. Glad it all went well for you.

Michelle. x

Hope your resting up. If you feel you need to, do it.

I was the same fine after, I went straight to work, no discomfort at all. Different things effect people differently.
Lots of luck xx

Thanks guys- just feel really drained today but I think that might just be everything gettin on top of me and worrying about things. Michelle- how's ur ttc journey going? Haven't seen u on here for a while? Xx

hi everyone just joined this fab forum, me and my husband have been together for 8 years and been trying on and off for 6 years with no success but now ive reached 25 decided to see my gp and get something sorted, she has refured me to the womans hospital to have a HSG test and after reading everyones comments u all got pregnant pretty quick witch made me get a little excited inside lol its been a long emotional path with having no luck every month so just got to wait for my letter to come with my date so fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back