Severe pain from gastritis - anyone else?

MissJuliet

Reaction score
I was admitted to hospital for one night with dreadful pain in my actual stomach. The doctors and I are almost sure it's gastritis as I've had it before but just never with such severe pain. I'm on 40mg of omeprazole, paracetamol and supposed to be on gaviscon but I just keep throwing that up. I'm having an early scan on Monday just to check everything is ok but the doctors aren't concerned about baby. I just wondered if anyone else is suffering with gastritis. The pain is truly awful xxx

Yes, me.

I had it at around 20 weeks and had 2-3 weeks where I had to snack, couldn't eat a proper meal and was having porridge for dinner. Then it all cleared up and was fine until last night when it started again half way through Hypnobirthing class. Started as a grumble in my right side and got steadily worse as the night went on.
I had a hot bath which helped a bit and then got my hot water bottle out. Baby didn't like that I don't think - was more active than s/he's been before and was kicking and squirming loads, but it was the only way I wasn't in agony with it.
Ended up sleeping with the hot water bottle either against my right side or under my back.
Thankfully it had died off by this morning (as it always does - when I've had it before it's been at night and OK by 8/9am... typically!)
I've been ok today and am fine now so hopefully was just a one-off. It's awful though!

I first had a bout of it about 18m ago and was prescribed omeprazole, but if anything it seemed to make the pain worse so I only took them for the first four days and then gave up and gritted my teeth/used paracetamol & hot baths etc to deal with it.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Things got worse and I had to go back to A&E as I stated vomiting blood. They've added in mebeverine to see if it stops my stomach spasming. I think they suspect I might have an ulcer x

Oh no! Mine never got so bad it made me vomit, thankfully.
Hope you're OK x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back