Severe morning sickness - need advice

Shelbae

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 9 weeks and this is my first time being pregnant. I started with severe nausea at the end of my 5 weeks, so I have been suffering from nausea constantly the last 3 and a half weeks. I haven’t actually vomited yet, but my nausea is so severe that I can barely eat. Normally I am 5’4” and weigh 128, but have now dropped down to 122 pounds within the last 3 weeks. Should I be concerned with how much weight I’ve lost?

I feel depressed and pathetic like I am too weak to handle this. So I am a little hesitant on whether I should ask the doctor for help or not. I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am 9 weeks and this is my first time being pregnant. I started with severe nausea at the end of my 5 weeks, so I have been suffering from nausea constantly the last 3 and a half weeks. I haven’t actually vomited yet, but my nausea is so severe that I can barely eat. Normally I am 5’4” and weigh 128, but have now dropped down to 122 pounds within the last 3 weeks. Should I be concerned with how much weight I’ve lost?

I feel depressed and pathetic like I am too weak to handle this. So I am a little hesitant on whether I should ask the doctor for help or not. I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you!

If you're losing weight and are struggling to even eat then I'd definitely check in with your GP as soon as you possibly can. you could become incredibly ill so I'd 100% speak with your doc, after all you need to keep yourself as healthy as possible right now so please don't be worried or feel weak for not being able to handle severe nausea or sickness it happens to many women. You're not alone. X

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

you should definitely ask for help from the GP if you feel that you can’t cope anymore, you are not weak or pathetic either, severe morning sickness is absolutely horrendous, I’m in the same boat as you except I’m throwing up a lot aswell, I broke down and cried today, I’m on the verge of going to the GP myself and asking for meds, I was going to try and get through without taking medication as I’m not 100% comfortable with it (just me being silly!) but I think I will be making an appointment in the morn

good luck and let’s hope this awful sickness passes soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back