severe bloating, stomach upset--13 months postpartum

svecw

Reaction score
The only weight I gained in pregnancy was the baby, fluids, extra blood volume, etc. I had Nexplanon put in about 8-10 weeks pp but had it taken out early December 2018. Other than being an emotional wreck, I felt no other symptoms from it. Once removed, however, my stomach ballooned out almost overnight.. Iv'e read that some women develop food allergies/sensitivities after pregnancy and my midwife told me that suppressing your cycle can calm your GI tract, so I tried an elimination diet (not strictly) to see if it made a difference and I found a few culprits. Even avoiding them, I still find myself bloating but only below the belly button--from the side, my stomach looks like a lowercase "b"! I've always been slim and had a somewhat flat stomach with the exception of the "pooch", but this is a whole new extreme. I should also add that I am very active (I walk at least 1 hour every day and train 4 times a week) and am pretty careful with my diet--not strict but rather conscious.
What is this?! Is it just hormonal? Has my body suddenly changed and that's just how I am now? Is it my metabolism slowing down? So odd that it happened so suddenly once I went off birth control. Has this happened to anybody else? Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back