Sertraline in early pregnancy

Puglover

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found out I am pregnant.

I have been taking Sertraline anti-depressants for 2 months, for anxiety, and I'm not sure whether to continue taking them, until I see GP this week. I know I shouldn't stop altogether? Any help please?

Hello, I used to take these. What MG are you on, I have read they aren't safe in pregnancy. What u could do is start taking half. The withdrawal of stopping cold turkey isn't pleasent. Maybe ring docs and say it's urgent. Xx congrats

At uni we were told if you're on any medication that'll have withdrawals, it's important NOT to quit cold turkey as that'll stress your body out and can harm baby more than whatever you're taking. Maybe just take them every other day instead of daily until your appointment. Hopefully they can recommend a pregnancy safe option that'll be similar for you. Congratulations on your pregnancy x

Yeah that won't be too bad to wean off. Just like winter says don't cold turkey. Speak to docs first XX

I saw my doc yesterday who suggested taking on alternate days for 2 weeks. Stupidly, I didn't realise I only have 4 tablets left, and I am going on hols tomorrow. :roll:
Do you think taking those 4 on alternate days and then of course stopping as I have none left, will be ok? Or maybe taking half, so to spread them out more?

Last edited:
Congratulations.

I heard that it is not safe during pregnancy. Be sure to discuss it with your doctor

I did and I cut it down then stopped once I was around 7 weeks , but my midwife actually said it’s ok to take in the first half of pregnancy if I felt like I needed it again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back