Separation anxiety..

Mum2betash

Reaction score
I'm a bit stuck on what to do an wondered if anyone has any ideas., I'm pretty sure that my lo is suffering from separation anxiety at the moment. I don't really know what to do though, I don't want to encourage it and make her worse by being with her 24/7 but at the same time I don't want her getting so upset like she does when other people hold her etc. I'm pretty sure it's what the problem is. X

How old is she Ava has and still suffers with it I have tried leaving her with people but she just gets too upset and I'm not prepared to leave her like that if she's always otherwise been fine try leaving the room and coming back in after 5 mind to show her you do return! X

O is just growing out of seperation anxiety at 10 &1/2 mths. She would scream if anyone other than me or Oh touched her.
Now she will go to family and friends who she knows well but is still wary of new people.
I kept trying to let others hold her but when she got properly upset i would take her back.
The crying when i left the room at home i ignored and would just keep chatting to her when out of the room and she would stop fairly quickly.
The difference was with people it was a proper screaming, tears, bright red cry. whereas at home it was just a whinge.
All i can say is they grow out of it really!
We are getting there with O *touch wood* but shes starting trials with the childminder tomorrow so i may be talking to soon !
xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

We're going through this as well at the moment! He hysterically cries if he's around/being held by someone new or people he doesn't see very often. When we're at home, he crawls round after me whinging & clinging on to my leg!
When he gets really upset, I give him a cuddle, but usually, I play peek-a-boo with him (going into another room, coming back every minute or so, so he knows I always come back) and I constantly talk to him.

xx

I was told to play a "boo" game with the baby. Where you leave the room, come back in and go BOO! And each time stay away a bit longer.

apparently it teaches the baby that just because they cant see Mummy, it doesnt mean she isnt there. It also teaches them that Mummy will come back.

not sure if it works, Freya just sorted herself out very quickly. x

She is just over 7 months. I ignore it indoors as when I'm back in sight she stops. She only does it with me, she cries and gets soo upset with oh too.. She has always been fine with anyone (but my parents lol) up until recently where it's everyone but me! Will she get over it even if I just carry on how I am or do I need to keep leaving her with others? I hate seeing her so upset. Thank you for your replies xx

She is just over 7 months. I ignore it indoors as when I'm back in sight she stops. She only does it with me, she cries and gets soo upset with oh too.. She has always been fine with anyone (but my parents lol) up until recently where it's everyone but me! Will she get over it even if I just carry on how I am or do I need to keep leaving her with others? I hate seeing her so upset. Thank you for your replies xx

Yeah, Ethan does it with my OH sometimes too! He's all for mummy at the moment..
I'd just carry on as you are. Try and play peek-a-boo with her and leave her in the room by herself, and increase the length of time you leave for - just constantly reassure her that you'll be coming back.
I'd ignore the whinging, but not let her get too upset

xx

My lo will not settle or spend any great length of time happily with anyone but me, not even my oh.
I'm going back to work 3 days per week next week and I'm dreading it. Plus the fact that he will not take anything other than breast. So he's going to not only be screaming be ause I'm not there, he's likely going to be hungry too :( xx

My lo will not settle or spend any great length of time happily with anyone but me, not even my oh.
I'm going back to work 3 days per week next week and I'm dreading it. Plus the fact that he will not take anything other than breast. So he's going to not only be screaming be ause I'm not there, he's likely going to be hungry too :( xx

at baby club other week some girls were talking about getting their babies to take bottles after EBF. one of them said she had this problem until she tried Medela Calma teat and bottle. Its for exactly that problem, moving baby from breast to bottle. And it seems to be very successful!

http://www.medela.com/UK/en/breastfeeding/products/breastmilk-feeding/calma-feeding-device.html

I've tried that one hun, thanks though.
My lo has more bottles than a bottle fed baby, and he's not drank a drop from any of them!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back