Separation anxiety struggles

ml600

Reaction score
My little boy has always had some issues with separation and stranger anxiety. From about 5 months he has screamed when anyone talks (or sometimes even looks) at him. He improved a little and would interact with people but not be held or fed by anybody else. Even my parents who see him every week still cannot hold him. He's almost 11 months now and seems to be going backwards. Hes gone back to crying at everyone and will even cry for me if his dad is holding him but he can see me. The last few days have been a nightmare and hes now not napping because he can't see me. I don't want to go backwards and start sitting with him while he sleeps but I just don't know what to do. My partner works really long hours and im starting to struggle as clearly nobody else can help with him.
Has anyone had experience of this?

Last edited:
Hi my lg was similar but after she turned one she was suddenly confident. Now she runs up to all her grandparents even the ones she rarely sees, quite happy to wave and smile as people who talk to her. We do occasionally have problems at bed time but it's more when she occasionally wakes during the night. Overall though a different child. Stick with it, he will get better in his own time.

The best thing you can do for him is essentially do what he wants. The more comfortable he is with the idea that you'll be there when he needs you, the happier he'll be to go to other people and become independent.

My experience is similar to Aimee. My little one got a lot better once she could walk and her confidence has grown since. Its just a time thing. My little girl will still not be parted with me when she's tired, cooking dinner is supposed to be my bit of me time but these days she refuses to stay with my oh in the living room so the three of us cook dinner together.

What's your lo like if you're not there at all? My lo is fine if left with my oh or mum or mil but if I'm in the house she wants to be in the same room as me when others are present. We live on a farm and at lambing time my mum had my LG for two weeks during the day while I worked at home at it did her the world of good

My LG still wakes once or twice a night and will only be settled by me which is frustrating but they do eventually grow out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back