Separation Anxiety - How long does it last?

Rooster30

Reaction score
My daughter has been having crazy separation issues over the past month or so and I'm ready for it to stop now. As much as I'm enjoying giving her cuddles, practically the incessant crying whenever she leaves my arms isn't great. I have my son to tend to and dinners to make. I'm struggling to get on with simple day to day tasks without my little girl wailing at me. If I put her down she cries and then follows me. Thankfully she doesn't have this issue during sleep times!

When will it end?!

I'm following this as going through the same, she had a serious meltdown when hubby's mate came round last week and this week done the same with her grandparents. The only person I can hand her to without a meltdown is daddy and my mum but then she's been seeing her about 3 times a week the past few weeks.

My lg is 6 months and she has serious anxiety. She is happy with me and her daddy but just can't cope with anyone else. We have proper melt downs when grandparents or friends are visiting.

Last edited:
My lg is the same and has been for months :( it's so hard to get anything done, or even just to have 5 minutes sit on my own. When my oh comes in from work he takes her so I can cook dinner but these days they have to stand and watch me in the kitchen as she gets so upset if they aren't in the same room. It really gets me down, I love her to bits but it would be nice if when she's playing in her ball pool I could do some tidying or something in the same room but I literally have to sit next to the pool even though she's playing by herself

I was just going to start a thread on this then saw yours. My lb is 2 year 7 months and since starting nursery at start of January (just one day a week) he's been very clingy to me and extremely upset on nursery day. He is constantly asking me what are we doing today and I'd mummy gonna be there? I go to yoga on a weds night so every bedtime he asks if I'm going to yoga. He is quite panicky and worried. He also won't play on his own for more than a few minutes he just wants me there at all times! Like you say getting dinner prepared is a right pain. I don't have answers I'm afraid but I think it's normal to last up to a few months. I'm hoping my wee one will have settled down by summer at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back