sensor mat?

umbongo

Reaction score
Undecided about them, they are very expensive and budget is tight so not sure it's necessary as baby will be in with us for 6 months and napping downstairs in the day.
Do you ALL have one?! I got the impression they give off false alarms a lot too.
I don't want to cut corners on safety but is it necessary?!
We have a BT monitor as got it second hand.
Thanks
X

Nope. And no intention of getting one. I'm super anxious anyway and I know it won't help!

Xx

Oh and its def not necessary! How could it possibly be! Lots of false alarms too.

But if u do want one I've seen plenty second hand if ur on a budget :)

Xx

Nope. And no intention of getting one. I'm super anxious anyway and I know it won't help!

Xx

I'm exactly the same. Iv also heard lots about false alarms. It's one thing iv resisted.I don't need the extra stress the stupid thermometers already stress me out and baby isn't even here so I'd have no hope with a sensor mat x

I dont have one and dont intend on getting one i have bt monitor and thats itx

did not have one for first or second child and no intention of having one for this child.i just use the baby monitors xx

I've heard reports of false alarms too, which would be distressing. Its one of those things you have to make a personal judgement on, but I think its just another worry as if we didn't have enough already.

Glad I've seen this becasue I presumed everyone was buying them these days. I think i'll just stick with the monitor. Even if I did buy one I wouldnt trust it and I would still be checking her every 5 minutes !!!

We've got one, I probably wouldn't have bothered if hubby hasn't insisted. It does give extra peace of mind, especially when they go into their own room. (I intended on having LO in with us for 6 months but she moves so much in her sleep, she hated her crib so had no choice but to move her at 4 months). We've had no false alarms as such but because she does move so much, the other night she had rolled so far the mat couldn't pick her up anymore. Hearing that sound was probably the worst moment of my life but luckily she's fine. If *god forbid* she wasn't, we wouldn't have known until 6 hours later because she sleeps through. So I wouldn't be without it now.xx

I've got one and I hope it will help me sleep a little easier. I've also heard about false alarms but I'd rather have the odd fright and know that she's safe.

I don't think you're cutting corners safety wise if you don't get one. I mean, they're a relatively new invention and babies have survived for centuries without them lol

We have one and used it with our first and will use it again this time. We found it very reassuring, we had a few false alarms the first few times we used it as we didn't have it placed quite right but once that was sorted it has been fine. Our LO was moved into his own room at 12 weeks (we had intended it to be 6months) as we were waking each other up all night, he learnt to roll at this point and became a tummy sleeper so the mat for me was a real reassurance x

I have one too, I heard that you can have false alarms with them but as others have said I would much rather have the alarm go off and everything be fine than miss something happening.
Although don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll be checking on her all the time anyway lol x

I have one too, I heard that you can have false alarms with them but as others have said I would much rather have the alarm go off and everything be fine than miss something happening.
Although don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll be checking on her all the time anyway lol x

Haha, yeah! We THINK they will help us relax a little bit, but when it comes to it we'll probably be just as terrified and paranoid as every other mum!

This is interesting as i thought you'd all be getting one, feel a bit better now. I think we'll go without and if I find I'm obsessing I'll get one after squiggle is born. I interestingly read that FSID don't actually recommend them. At the end of the day it's definitely personal choice.

Reminds me I need to buy some actual mattresses first anyway! haha! (moses basket and cotbed)

We never bought or used one, in fact no-one I know with who have recently had babies in RL (my sis, both SIL's, a few friends) ever used one :shock:

I did um and ah about it, and it wasn't a cash issue for us?

I never had a doppler either !!

xxxxxx

We have one. I know it will help me sleep better as I am a very anxious person and know I would be checking baby constantly. I rather have a few false alarms than be on edge all the time.

Definatly not neccesary though and a personal choice.

I have one, I found that for the first couple days of him being at home I literally couldn't sleep because I was so scared. I'd just watch him constantly! It gives me peace of mind and I also like the digital temperature gage too, because my bedroom is always stifling.

But it's personal choice, they are extremely over priced IMO!!

xxxx

We didn't have one, she was nearly six months before she went to her own room. I was told after 6 months their not as good especially if your baby moves a lot. I'm in and out freyas room doing stuff a lot when. she is asleep and she is normally at a different end of the cot every time. xx

we got one but its personal choice, my friends said they slept better knowing that they would get alerted if there were problems - i guess u have to decide if you can put up with the false alarms id rather that tbh.
I found cheapest one I could was about £85.00 but peace of mind for us.

Everyone is different though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back