Sensitive subject, go easy on me..

KateK

Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks today and was in hospital for 10 hours with what I feared was an ectopic. Very, very long story short they've found evidence of an infection in my tubes and have given me a hefty course of antibiotics. The doc said it could have been caused by any infection but that chlamydia is likely. I trust my partner implicitly, meaning I would have contracted it some 7 years ago. I feel sick to my stomach, dirty, just horrible and incredibly guilty. Has anyone experienced chlamydia during pregnancy? Also petrified about my future prospects fertility-wise. Seriously never saw this coming, feeling incredibly low today..

Oh Kate I am so so sorry to hear this, I bet you are absolutely mortified :( I don't have any experience or know much about it but they will look after you and they will tell you how to cure it etc I am sure chlamydia is curable? I know long term it does damage apparently, but they will do tests to confirm all this surely. I hope you're alright I would be gutted too xxx

I ended up in A&E with a water infection in about '07/'08 and a swab then showed Chlamidiya. I had to speak to four ex's from the previous two years and ask them to get tested. 3 out of the four of them all came back clear, the fourth never got back to me about it. He was the one who had been forever telling me he got himself tested as a way of checking if his ex had been cheating on him.

*hugs* but I think the antibiotics should be fine to clear it, mine has been negative for it now in this pregnancy.

Lxx

Very treatable - don't worry. I went for a routine STIs check in about 2010 and was told it looked like I had chlamydia :O It is absolutely horrifying to be told that, as you imagine it's something that someone really careless and promiscuous contracts. Anyway, it turned out to be a UTI, but I was treated for chlamydia before the results even came back. It was just one large pill, I seem to remember, and that was it. Take care, I hope it's sorted soon and you can move on xx

Thanks ladies.. I just feel so stupid and irresponsible for not getting myself tested before. It's not like I ever slept around but I did have a sex life before my partner.. I am so angry with myself and now if anything happens to this baby i'm going to completely blame myself. I saw bubs on the scan all tiny and perfect and now the thought of losing it is even more excruciating.. I am sure the antibiotics will do their job i'm just worried about any possible effects to the baby or future conceptions. I'm sending my partner to get tested as they wouldn't swab me at the hospital due to the risk.. If he has it then it's pretty likely that it's what's cause this in me. I suppose it's the not knowing that makes it harder as you've got nothing solid to wrap your head around.. Just gutted, and yes Lexi, mortified is the word!

Don't beat yourself up, these things happen. Remember your hormones will be making everything seem worse than it is. Move upwards and onwards and look after yourself xx

Bless you, I am sure your baby is going to be just fine, I hope you can get it all sorted soon and enjoy a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Ps we all have had a sex life that could have been safer etc, just some people are unlucky. I had a full screening co incidentally before I got with my now partner, and haven't been screened since so for all I know he could have given me anything!

No sweat sweetheart xx

Hey hope you're doing ok, don't beat yourself up. These things happen and it's very unfortunate. They will be able to treat it with a few pills and you say you're worried about getting pregnant again but look your pregnant now so that means it can happen, may just take a little longer to get pregnant. Is there a yeah he can have the results fast tracked? X

Hey Hun hope your ok such a worrying time. I know to you it seems horrible but loads of my friends had it they got a boyfriends who all gave it to them. Some of them were with them for years! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back