Selling your house

Hunnie

Reaction score
Now I don't know if this is just in my area or not but I've seen signs on sides of roads where companies are looking to buy 2 bed+ or whatever houses in any condition and any age.

We are hopefully getting the keys to our new home tomorrow and so will be paying 2 mortgages for a while which isn't ideal. We don't want to make any profit out of our current home, just want a quick sale and get back out of it what we originally put into it.

Just wondering if anyone has ever used these types of companies and any good or bad experiences from using them.

I've heard some bad stories that they offer low amount for quick sale and right at the last minute reduce it even more. Pretty sure watchdog or something similar talked about it.
I personally wouldn't and although its not ideal to pay 2 mortgages I'd speak to some estate agents first x

I've heard some bad stories that they offer low amount for quick sale and right at the last minute reduce it even more. Pretty sure watchdog or something similar talked about it.
I personally wouldn't and although its not ideal to pay 2 mortgages I'd speak to some estate agents first x

Pretty much after I posted this i went and had a google and yeah it looks like everyone's saying pretty much what you're saying! Think we will just put it on the market and see what interest we get with a reasonable sale price on it. :) I think if it takes a while to sell we will just do a sale to let one xx

I thought about this as I'd had my house on the market for a year and was getting desperate for a sale but the stories I found on google were enough to put me off. In the end I decided to just break even and reduced the price to what I knew was a good price for the property but still gave room for negotiation and I had 10 viewings in a week and 2 offers. This was after several months of no viewings at all. It just goes to show that price is everything when it comes to trying to sell and if its priced too high you won't get viewers. Have a look at the prices that other properties in your street have sold for as that is what anyone looking to buy will do xxx

We got an estate agent round and we have decided to finish renovating it and get it on the market :) we could rent out but I seriously cant deal with the hassle of it and have seen too many houses ruined because of bad tenants so im not even going there with that lol plus it would be nice to get the money out of it so we can do our own home up and a new family car :)

Bathroom is currently being done and its looking really good :) after that the whole house interior is being painted magnolia, new interior doors are being fitted and then we are having a new cream carpet put down :). We can afford to keep paying both mortgages for a while so we will just see how it goes :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back