Selfish bitch

Natalilly1288

Reaction score
Tonight mine and my oh best friends have told me they are pg I congratulated them went straight to the toilet and sobbed my heart out I feel so selfish :-( am I awful?!

Know how you feel hun, mine a oh friends started trying in march and annouced to us about a month ago they were expecting. .. although im happy for them I cant help but feel jealous!! Specially as they kno weve been trying for 2 years but I just tell myself our time will come... but tbh im giving up all hope :( ttc sucks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I know how you feel :( a few of my friends keep putting up bump pictures :( hopefully it will be all of us announcing our pregnancies soon xx

No. You're not awful. As bad as it sounds, no matter how happy you are for your loved ones it is only natural to feel sad that you aren't able to join it. I just console myself with the thought that hopefully I will get a little baby in between our friends' first and second children and with any luck we'll get lots of 'hand me downs'!!! ;) x

I can offer insight from the other side...

We started trying in may and fell in June... I feel awful and guilty talking to some pple on here who have tried for years. If they know you have been trying a long time I bet you they feel a bit guilty about it. You're not being a selfish bitch and I bet they wouldn't think so if you told them even.

It's not like you're wishing bad on them, you just want it so badly.

Last edited:
Hi hun you are certainly not selfish or awful , i have days like that fb seems full of it at the mo so to be kind to myself im not going on it as much , its soo bloody hars sometimes big hugs hun xx

Oh Hun you are far from selfish, I know how hard it can be, my 2 best friends both fell very quickly. One of them even said she was concerned after 2 months of not conceiving she was worried she had a problem, she fell trying on te 3rd month.....
After 4 very long years I am so happy to be where I am now, a lot of hart ache and money, now it's the dreaded wait until the 12 week scan before you can breath a sigh of relief everything is ok, if all is well I am so going to be yelling m news from the rooftops

You will have your happy ending Hun, just for some of us it takes a while longer x

You aren't selfish at all, I know exactly how you feel. It felt like literally everyone around me has been falling pregnant recently and it's been so hard to deal with. I was even getting that bad it was causing arguments between myself and my OH. You need to just remember, you're time will come and when it does you'll have your best friends by your side to support you :) x

You are not selfish been there myself !!! X

You are defo not selfish hun, so many of my close friends fell pg in the 2yrs we were ttc. I felt so bad every time they told me coz i felt very sad and angry that once again it wasnt me!! But then the guilt wud kick in and i wud feel bad. But i never gave up hope hun and i am still shocked when i remember that i am now pg, it still doesnt feel real.

You will get there hun. One day you will be telling everone your good news.

Michelle. x

Thankyou ladies I think I'm ok now it was just like a smack in the face last night at the end of the day I wouldn't wish the heartache of ttc and a mc on anyone and I am pleased for them I'm glad you ladies have had the same feelings as me hopefully it will be my turn again soon and thus time it will be sticky thankyou ladies sending you lots of luck xxxxxx

Definately not selfish hun. We've all been there and felt that horrible pang of jealously when a friend announces their pregnancy. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's a normal reaction. Im sure you'll have your sticky bean very soon and you'll be making all your friends jealous. ;) X x x

Defo not selfish in the least we can't help our feelings and I've had some realy bad things go through my head over this last 2 years from my first loss though to now after 3 losses :-( we are only human don't beat urself up lovely xx

You are sooooo not selfish! It'll be you back in tri 1 soon and you can share the excitement with them. :hugs: :hugs: x x

Definitely not selfish at all I hated seeing pregnant people when we were ttc as it felt like a kick in the teeth every time we saw someone announce there BFP of course I was happy for them but gutted for myself too x

A very normal reaction, but you know what.... very soon it will be you with breaking your own good news. Wishing you your bfp and your super sticky bean very soon xxx

Oh huni! This doesn't make you a selfish bitch at all! I know exactly how it feels to want a baby so much and its not happening and all your friends around you are falling pregnant! Its so not fair at all :( ... You just have to be positive! It will be your turn soon hun! I'm so so sorry you were so upset by this. Here for you xx

You are not being selfish hun. You silly billy for thinking that. xxxxxxxx

Big hugs.. I know how you felt as my friend who I was pregnant along side (but I lost early in June) announced she was expecting twins last week and even though I knew she would have her scan soon I still broke down when she announced her fantastic news!!

Only natural I think.. Xx

Thankyou so much ladies I feel a bit better about it now and more positive about ttc again just hoping next time it's a sticky1! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back