Seen Midwife and measuring small at 31 weeks

Positive37

Reaction score
Mmm so just back from midwife am not TOOO worried but a little

Blood pressure Fine - tick
baby heartbeart fine - Tick
Still headown on my right seems she likes it there - she doesnt think she will turn now so thankfully not breech

but am measuring 28 weeks when I am 31 so am under the line on my size graph
Now she said after feeling baby and looking at me that she seems fine but they go by my height and weight so its not always accurate.

she wanted to send me for growth scan next week but i have one anyway with IVF consultant
She said its very common and even if she is smaller they wont do anything will just monitor her

Anyway else had similiar?xx

U wouldnt think I was measuring small wish I could post pic up doesnt seem to want to work but i have a fair bump on me !! she said same

I measured 2-3 weeks small for most of the 3rd trimester. The mw said it was maybe because I cold be having a small baby and she was right - baby was 6lbs 5oz x

and was baby all ok - did u look small coz i dont??

Fundal height is only a guide and very objective I wouldn't worry and wait for the scan.

yes I think same Hun, thanks - has made me think to take things a little easier though and not rush around so much

Just wait for the scan huni..

Im the opposite and have always measured 2/3wks ahead since 24wks.
But im 6ft and so is OH so MW was never concerned. But ive had 2 growth scans due to reduced movement and hes shown even bigger on that. Again they are not worried that he already almost weighs 8lbs lol.
But they are never 100% and are just estimates.

My bump has been measuring 36cm since i was 34wks and it hasnt changed. But its still getting bigger so its really strange lol! Again tho MWs measure all differently! ones up the hosp dnt seem to go as low as my MW.. and when i measure the morning of my apps they are always a cm out from what they get lol.

So dnt panic hun, even if ur baby is small it doesnt mean shes not healthy so dnt worry at all xxx

10 midwives could measure you and all come up with a different measurement.

One up the hosp the otherday measured and it came out a cm over the week i was at..(which i know isnt an issue at all)

when i got home and looked over my notes she wrote it at the week i was and took the CM off lol..? weirdo!
why measure one thing say it out loud and write another!

Im not bothered with the measurements cos i know so many friends they have given birth to babies that have weighed pounds heavier or less than what was estimated when they were pregnant.
They can ALWAYS get it very wrong.

Mind u tho i love telling ppl Noahs estimated weight from last weeks scan.. they are like :shock: OUCH! xx

and was baby all ok - did u look small coz i dont??

Baby was fine! I had a very neat bump throughout. This was my due date bump x
avegahu3.jpg

Im exactly the same. My 40 week appt yesterday i measure 34 weeks. And i look really small. But all my scans (4) say i have a bang on target bubba. So im not worried and neither are they. Hope thats all it is for you. Someone told me its due to how much fluid you have roumd baby etc. Xxxx

after today I am a bit dubious of all these measurements to be honest! Since they have started measuring me I have been perfect exactly what I should be however because I have been in a few times with reduced movements they sent me for a scan which I have had today which showed:

Head-normal
Thigh- normal
Tummy- way over average measuring 37+6 I'm currently 34+5

I am going back in 3 weeks and if it hasn't averaged out then they will look to induce me early, we would have never known any of this going on my bump size.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't get too hung up on it babies come in all shapes and sizes and I am sure if they are concerned they will scan you :) xxx

Ooh dear reading this, and seeing the pic of due date bump, im thinking i look like a WHALE!!! Oh dear God, im having a giant baby!

Ah Hun, I really wouldn't worry at all. At the others have said, measuring can often be out. I've read lots of times on here when it's not been accurate. Just look forward to your scan and seeing moo again xx

Thank ladies. We have growth scan booked.for weeks time.so.sure she will be ok..nothing. so far. Has . shown. Any issues.
He said small babies.still go full term....im kind of not worried but in back of mind I hope she is still thriving. So am a.little concerned.
But heartbeat etc . perfect.
I have decided to work from home tomorrow as she mentioned rest and eating well.i eat well but commuting isnt great.
I dont want to get too hung up on it my gut.and heart.tell.me.shes.ok.
Xxx

I wouldn't worry Hun, with my first baby I measured below a lot! And try sent me for 2/3 growth scans and was worried she was small and she came out perfect :) x

I dont undersrand the graph. I am right on the middle line but measuring 30cm at 32 weeks. So does that mean we are always supposed to measure about 2cm behind? X

Sent from my GT-I9300

Thanks. Nicholls have to admitt.i have woken a.few. tjmes in.night thinking. Silly things. Like..whwt if shes.stopped.growing.and her organs dont progress so silly I know.
My midwife. Said that. Once. Women give up.work that baby puts on weight.coz.not rushit around so much.
Is there any evidence here.
Should. I be eating more coz I eat 3meals.a.day.i have frsh fruit..protein.etc. just wandering if I can help.
Kelly if u are in middle of.line.u are on track im below line xx

Yeh what I mean is.. I thought it ran with what week number u are. So at 32 weeks we would be measuring 32cm? X

Sent from my GT-I9300

My little one has been measured between too small, just right and huge, every midwife has measured me differently, I feel lime Goldielocks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back