Seeing the consultant again!

Amy0801

Reaction score
Well I have another appointment with the consultant this morning! I was supposed to see him last week but decided not to go because when I went back in November when I was 36 weeks i was kept waiting for an hour and 10 minutes in the waiting room and the doctor I saw didn't have a clue what he was talking about! He said I was to go back in 3 weeks time and he will do a sweep!! I just thought "not a chance!" He didn't fill me with confidence and I knew that I wanted my midwife at the GP practice to do my sweep which she did on friday. I rang the hospital yesterday to find out what this appointment is actually for and the midwife I spoke to said that it is to put a plan into action about what will happen if I don't go into labour naturally as my midwife can't make that decision! If my first daughter hadn't been born by emergency c-section then I would just be under a midwife who I presume would arrange an induction if you are over your 12 days but because I am hoping to have a vbac second time round I am under shared care but I am booked into see the midwife again this week for another sweep. I will not be happy if I am kept waiting for ages again and the appointment is a complete waste of time!!!

Oh Amy I do hope they push for a vbac for you. Hopefully because it's shared care the midwife will be able to give the dr some input about the benefits for you for a vbac etc . He will probably discuss the c section again though just in case vbac doesn't work out. People who have never had a csec run the risk of having one, hopefully your body and baby will work in harmony though this time around and you'll get the birth plan you want :) .

It does sound very frustrateing though when you get a different consultant who doesn't have a clue. How many sweeps can you have ? I read you can have one every 36 hours not sure if it's true but maybe ask your midwife if you can have at least 2 more sweeps before you get induced / c sec

Well been to the appointment and it's a good thing I did..the consultant decribed me as an 'interesting case'! My blood pressure is high and my blood count is low! I had bloods taken to check for pre eclampsia and need to go to triage on Thursday morning to get the results and have blood pressure check and if it's still high I need to be induced! The consultant did a stretch and sweep and I was shouting at her to stop it really hurt!!!! She said my cervix is favourible with a bishop scour of 4??? Hoping this time it works because it was very painful as I was still sore from the sweep I had done on friday! They are still happy for me to try a vbac but if I need to be induced they will only use 1 pessary/gel whichever it is and if that doesn't work then it will be a section! Will keep you updated xx

I googled bishop score coz I haven't got a clue . It looks to be a score of 1-10. 1 being absolutely 0 chance of you going into labour and ur cervix being until. 10 being very ripe, favourable and very unlikely to need to be induced . If your at 4 then you have almost a 50/50 chance of a spontaneous labour vs an induced one . Pretty good odds really :) I hope it goes your way. Hopefully get that bp under control too :) . Exciting times , could be here by weekend !!! :)

Yeh I had to Google it myself..Ive never heard of a bishop score before! I really hope things go to plan just need labour to start before Thursday otherwise I might have to be induced if BP doesn't come down..which I don't really want as I was hoping to stay at home as long as possible before going in to deliver! I've had a bath to relax and will try and get a good night's sleep and hopefully labour might start in the night xx

Fingers crossed for ya. Any niggles or signs yet ?

I've had a couple of pains but still really sore from sweep. The doctor said that labour should start in the next 24-72 hours. Ive had some bleeding which I didn't have with the first sweep on friday so I'm really hoping this is it! Will keep you updated xx

Thanks. Had quite bad cramps all night and was awake from about 2-4am because they were quite painful. They seem to have stopped for now but when I got up I felt a bit damp so went to the loo and had lots of discharge which had red in it so hopefully that is the start if a show xx

Whhooo sounds promising :). Things must be on the move. Maybe tonight or tomorrow you'll pop :)

Yeh I hope so..pains are back again and having a LOT of pressure! Just went for a slow walk around the shops to help things along. Getting things sorted incase daughter has to spend the night at her grandparent's! I'm hoping I get to go to hospital before tomorrow morning otherwise i still have to go for my blood results at 9.30! Xx

I'm so excited for you :). Is your daughter excited too ? . I'm walking all round town today lol but no luck yet

Haha thanks. I can't wait to finally meet her. Yep my daughter is very excited and keeps asking if the baby is coming out today! I suppose it's been a very long time for her to wait! Pains keep coming and going so I have been bouncing on my ball. Don't think anything will happen tonight..just hope when I go to the hospital in the morning they are happy with my progess. When are you due? Xx

I'm due tomorrow 01/12/16 but I'm not holding my breathe lol. My last baby was 10 years ago ! & he was a full week late.
I reckon it could be this weekend to be honest. Got some pelvic pressure etc but no contractions or pains so looks like a no go from my side for tonight.

I'll have 2 boys when he arrives !

Oh wow..have you had a sweep yet? My daughter is 7 so it's like starting from scratch all over again...like you I image? It's quite scarey and I have been very anxious these last few weeks...I know my daughter will love her sister to bits it's just a big change! Pains have come back quite strong so think it's going to be a long night! :(

No sweep yet. My midwife wouldn't do it until I was 40 weeks. Which is tomorrow, so I am getting a sweep tomorrow at lunch time, hopefully cervix will be favourable as I've done a fair. It of walking the past 3 days.
As my last pregnancy was uncomplicated , no induction, no c section, natural birth and baby was 8lb5 a week late ( so not a giant ) I don't think she wanted to interfere as baby is looking about average again this time. My midwife reckons he will be another 8lb summit :).

I wanted a December baby anyway lol so have been holding out. Tomorrow though the mission will
Start .

Sex
Raspberry tea leaf
Walking
Dancing
It's all going on tomorrow.

Ohh it's promising that your getting pains thou

That's good...fingers crossed a sweep will work for you. My pregnancy with daughter was fine up until I failed to progress at 9cm that is why she was born by emergency c-section and she was 8lbs 4oz so not massive. I have a feeling 2nd baby will the top end of 8lbs! I have been very active and we have had sex and pineapple but they didn't seem to do anything! I hope they work for you. Have you got a birthing ball? I found that sitting on that has helped.

No birthing ball :( but plenty of walking and I've been sitting on edge of bed rocking back and forth to try and help open pelvis. He's dancing in their tonight - feet and arms everywhere - very active all of a sudden .. maybe trying to squeeze into my pelvic lol. Keep us all upto date :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back