Seeing baby kick!

Lou

Reaction score
Hey

The weirdest thing happened to me today....I was drinking a smoothie and watching big brother and the baby starting kicking (for the 100th time today). It was kicking and somersaulting so hard I thought I'd lift up my top and have a look and OMG I saw the baby kick then move across my tummy!!! I rang my sister and she said I am lucky to ba able to see the baby do this at only 20 weeks so now I'm slightly freaked out that I either have the biggest baby in the world, the most active baby in the world or the thinnest skin in the world! lol

Anyone else felt this at 20 weeks?

Lou :)

my sister is 17 weeks and she can see her baby kick aswell, she is very slim build so i think thats why

Hi Lou

Yes - I started seeing my tummy move around 19-20 weeks - which is when hubbie first felt a kick as well!! Some people say later on they can tell whether it is a foot/hand/elbow but I can't see that yet.

Funny that you were drinking a smoothie - I've found if I'm drinking anything sweet it sets baby off - it must be the sugar rush!

LBxx

Hi guys

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Was a bit worried for a while there :) My mum agree's with you about the smoothie's. She was pregnant with my little sister 24 years ago and had a craving for slush puppies then wondered why my sister kicked and flipped in her tummy constantly! The slush puppies must have been full of additives and sugar and E numbers!

I think I need to watch my diet a bit more closely from now on, my poor baby must be worn out lol

:) Lou

I have also heard that if you drink a really cold drink (ie a slush puppy) they will wriggle to get away from the cold sensation.

I can feel movements, but my baby seems to be fairly lazy and only really starts at night when im laying down!!! Havent seen my tummy move, think i have to much excess flubber for that :lol:

Natalie

I saw bubs move at 17 weeks and she hasn't stopped since, she keeps me up most nights, i think the reason i feel her so much is because ther's not much water in the sac.

I've also read that the reason you feel the baby more at night is because in the day when you're moving about you're rocking the baby to sleep but then when you lie down she wakes up. hence the reason babies like to be rocked to sleep when they're born. Not sure how true it is but kinda makes sense

Hey guys...

I know why the baby is kicking so hard......It's a BOY!!! lol

Found out the sex today at my 20 weeks scan!

:) Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back