see midwife

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Layla, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

got another check up with my midwife today at 2.10pm

there were loads of questions i wanted to ask her, but do you think i can remember one of them now?? no! lol

i knew i should have writen them all down

2. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

lol

I'm the same as you layla, i always forget what to ask the mw, i usually jot things down in my notes.

i will try and think of some things to ask.

3. Tineke

Tineke Well-Known Member

I know what you mean....

Here we have 2 weekly doctors visits, no midwives but whenever I get in there I can not think of what to ask, and I always leave with the doctor probably thinking "wow, she's the easiest pregnant woman I know, in and out...."

During the time I leave and see him again, I have sooo many changes happening, even just in the past 2 days, my bump has grown like crazy, I am not able to eat much now as I feel bloated and lazy for about 2 hours after I eat a meal. Now all of my meals are TOTAL snacks, healthy ones but I am not sure if this is good for my weight as I am getting hungry much faster, and eating everything in sight..... I have tried my best as now I am noticing the BIG weight increase...

I am not even sure if I need to have different kinds of testing done at this stage. Things are really different here. I am going in tomorrow at 8:45 am and if anyone can think of anything I should be aksing, please let me know TEE HEE

Tineke oxox

4. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

i never remember either! lol

got my next MW appointment next week and i am more prepared this time. have prepared my birth plans (yes, plural! lol! the first one is for my ideal home birth, and the second is my plan B / contingency plan in case i have to transfer to hospital!) and i hope to have time to go through these with her, and also talk to her about what preparations i need to make at home (if any) for my home birth.

i have put these in my notes, right at the beginning, so even if i forget on the day we will see them and it will remind me!!

5. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

just seen midwife, she said that he is engaged coz she could feel 3/5ths, i know there has been alot of posts about this but at the time i wasnt paying attention, so what does that mean again? lol sorry

6. michelle82

michelle82 Well-Known Member

It means she can feel 3/5ths of the head above the pelvis I believe. I just got back from mine and I'm 3/5ths was 4/5ths 2 weeks ago so little one is moving in the right direction she said it was partially engaged !! Anyway at the same time she said she still thought I was carrying high, and I measured 35 but according to all my notes thats normal for week 34 so not going to worry about it, think she had the tape measure a bit slack!!! Although she said I was still carrying high I think my bump has dropped and I no longer have rib pain which was very sore a few weeks ago.

7. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hiya, thanks

yeah i have noticed today that i can breathe a bit better, he doesnt seem to be right under my lungs anymore.

my funal height messured 35cm so that seems about right.

got to go back in 2 weeks