Secondary Post Partum Haemorrhage

Rooster30

Reaction score
I'm just asking a couple of questions on behalf of my sister really. She had a PPH after the birth of her son. She would love another child but the labour of her son has made her really apprehensive. He is 18 months old now and she's still traumatised by the whole experience.

Is she likely to haemorrhage again second time around? Are there ways to prevent this from happening? She is anaemic and has super low iron levels even now (she isn't even trying yet).

I'm just trying to get some information for her. It would be a shame if the fear stopped her from having another child.

Don't have any experience but didn't want to read and run. Does she take any thing like iron supplements? I took pre pregnancy vitamins for 3 months or so to try and improve my levels. Could she not request a c section?

She said she's feeling a bit better lately iron wise. Her iron level was at 9 not so long ago, which is crazy low. I was put on iron tablets during my last pregnancy and my iron level was 104...

Not sure if c-section would be any better?

Thanks for the response anyway. Just trying to get a bit of info on it for her. She'll be contacting some medical professionals to talk about it anyway.

Last edited:
I haemorrhaged with my little boy who is now 14months, I'm due my second in June, and I'm so worried its going to happen again as I was poorly for weeks afterwards and don think.i could manage with a newborn and 19month �� I've got a consultant appointment on Monday so going to discuss this with her, will post on here what she says to me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back