Second time mums

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by mrz85, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

I am 18 weeks 3 days can't say I felt any movment !! Are you not supposed to feel it sooner with second ?!

2. SunnySue

SunnySue Well-Known Member

They say you do but I didn't start to feel any real movement until about 17/18 weeks with my second. I think it differs for everyone. It will happen soon hun don't worry x

3. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

I did feel this LO sooner than my first but I think that's because I have a posterior placenta this time and last time it was anterior x

4. Lizlou

Lizlou Well-Known Member

Hi - this is my 3rd baby. My first 2 I felt movement at about 15/16 weeks (maybe earlier with my second). This baby was just after my 20 week scan (20+5) as the placenta is at the front. Although I now feel regular movement, some days she is quiet - depending on her position. Sometimes I can put my hand on my tummy & feel her on the outside, but not on the inside - if that makes sense? Very strange!! When I eventually started feeling movement, it was definite kicks tho. I always think of her as a little tinker, hiding underneath the placenta!! xx

5. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

This is my second and I think I felt movement earlier with my son than this little girl! She's really quiet and only feel slight flutterings mostly at night or first thing in the morning. No definite kicks yet! Xx

6. Woldo

Woldo Well-Known Member

This is my 2nd, I can't remember when I felt first movements with my son but this time was 15 weeks. Don't pansc, it won't be long! Xx

7. giz

giz Well-Known Member

Yes that's the general rule!! I didn't feel my second till after my 20 week scan. I was 18 weeks I think with my first, so it was agonising waiting that long to feel baby when I expected to feel around 16 weeks!!

----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013

8. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

I felt my first much earlier than I've felt my second. I don't think it helped that the midwife told me I'd probably feel something earlier this time around 12-14 weeks. When I didn't, I really started worrying! It turns out my placenta is anterior this time so that's probably part of it. Also I guess all babies are different.