Second time mama's

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Emily0505, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

How are you finding your pregnancy in comparison to your first?

When I was pregnant with my son, I felt so normal! Apart from my ever expanding belly I wouldn't have known I was pregnant!!

This time though, I'm really feeling it!!

I am just beyond tired and have this underlying bleugh nausea feeling.

I am poorly at the moment which doesn't help matters I guess. I've got a cold but it's wreaking havoc with my ears. They feel really achey, keep popping and almost feel bunged up. Bleugh!

I am finding the symptoms reassuring though but still can't wait for a scan to confirm all is ok.

XX

2. Charliebump3

Charliebump3 Well-Known Member

I'm a 4th time mum and they all have been really different. I felt yuck all throughout my first pregnancy, second I was totally fine but had loads on UTI and went into preterm labour, third was awful again with sickness from day one else to delivery and with this one i feel ill but no where near as bad with my two girls! Maybe I'm having a boy!

3. Clare80

Clare80 Well-Known Member

I felt fine with my son, but that was 12 years ago and I was 23.

This pregnancy I am unbelievably tired and very nauseous / sick already

4. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

Emily I've been exactly the same - my first pregnancy was a dream with no symptoms but this time round I've felt crap lol
    It has passed now though and I started feeling normal about 16 weeks x

5. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Me too - first pregnancy 12 years ago was fine, no nausea. Second one was the same (9 years ago). This one I have felt really queasy from about 6 weeks and also really tired, sluggish, unsettled tummy, and really gassy (lol).

6. Tonks82

Tonks82 Well-Known Member

Emily my ears are terrible too they are constantly popping and every now and then I can hear my voice so loud in me head! I'm actually feeling better than I remember at this stage with my first pregnancy but maybe it will hit me in a couple of weeks -we'll see! X

7. Mictho29

Mictho29 Well-Known Member

With both my girls 7 & 4 I had extreme sickness from around 5/6 weeks and was admitted into hospital due to dehydration I am 6 weeks atm feel queezy but no sickness as yet and hopefully I wont get any this time 3rd time lucky xx

8. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

This is my second, and I feel just as rough as I did with the first pregnancy first trimester, however I started being sick at 4 weeks last time til 30 weeks but this time I haven't physically been sick yet just a tonne of gagging! I felt just as tired last time and this time I am really tired too... I forgot how much it takes it out of you! xx

9. Emily0505

I'm feeling much better today, thank goodness.

I think a lot of how Crap I was feeling was actually down to being poorly.

Still got a cold, sore throat and ear issues but don't feel as awful as I have done the last 2 days.

XX

10. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I feel unwell as well and i think with pregnancy it just takes a little longer to get through colds and stuff xxx

11. Emily0505

Yeah, plus I can't take ask the normal meds I would to get me through it.

Really wish we could use otrivine!

XX

12. flinty84

flinty84 Well-Known Member

With my son I was like you, no signs of being pregnant at all. This time I'm tired all the time, and having to eat little and often to avoid feeling sick. Also bloating a lot with this one. I'm blaming running after a nearly 3 year old!