Second scan

Rachel

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my second scan today. It was lovely to see the baby again and to see how much he had grown.

I was told that the hospital were not allowed to tell you the sex but I asked again today and he told me im having a little boy!! :D :D.

I will try and post the scan pic as soon as my scanner is working again.

Rachel xx

Glad your scan went well and congrats on your son!!!

Wonder why some hospitals aren't allowed to say what the sex is, surely we have a right to know???!!!

Erm please dont jump on me for saying this as i know its potentially a racist comment. It is not my opinion just what the hospital told me.....

The reason many hospitals wont tell you the sex is becuase it has been known in certain ethnic groups that the birth of a son is held in much higher regard than the birth of a daughter. They had been known to find out the sex of the baby at the 20 week scan and then follow it up with a termination if the sex wasnt the desired as the legal cut off point for termination is 24 weeks leaving them enough time to do it.

Ahhhhhhhh congratulations Rachel!!!!

Glad your scan went well!!! A little boy how lovely!!!

Can't wait to see the pics.

Amy xx

congrats hun im having a boy too lots of us at moment seem to be having boys :D xxxxxxx

Hi Kelly,

I guess you're right, hadn't thought of that! I couldn't imagine having a termination at that late stage. Won't go any further on this subject mind, don't want to offend anyone!!!

Nicki.

Congratulations Rachel, glad everything went OK for you.

Congrats on the little boy!! There seems to be a lot of mummy to be's expecting boys at the mo!

Thanks everyone :) im so pleased that im having a little boy :D.

Rachel xx

congratulations... have you started picking boy names yet?

glad your scan went well.
x

congratulations, what a relief it must be having that 20 week scan.. and a little boy on the way eh?

I think 2006 is defo gonna be the year of the boy as everyon I know had girls 2004 and 2005.. its about time the boys made a comeback...

lets see how many more boys there are on here over the next few months.. I would love either and I will defo try to find out if I can at my 20 wk scan...

xx

Congrats and glad your 20 week scan went well!!

xoxo Ree

Thanks again everyone :D

The 20wk scan is amazing, its so detailed.

Hayley - I have chosen the name Nathan, what do you think of it? Knowing me I will probably change my mind loads of times before hes born though :lol:.

Rachel xx

Congratulations Rachel on your baby boy.
Lorrie :lol:

Congratulations to those who have had their scans. I have received mine through the post this morning - 13th March, I am so excited

Hi everyone,

I've finally managed to get my scan pic on my computer :D

scan20wks.jpg

Rachel xx

Ah Rachel that is brilliant.

Did you find out at that scan the sex?? Was you exactly 20 weeks?

lovely scan pic rachel :D
not long to wait now eveadel
xxxxxxx

Eveadel - I was 20 weeks and 4 days when that scan was done. Yep it was at that scan I found out the sex :D :D. Not long untill your scan now :) are you hoping to find out the sex?

Rachel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back