second scan (no pic) :-(

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by lilcurly, Mar 18, 2016.

1. lilcurly

lilcurly Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

Had my second early scan this afternoon :) twins 1 gestational sac 2x yolk sac and 2×amnions (anyone who can explain the amnion bit for me?) 2xfetal poles seen crown rump length T1 18.1mm T2 17.7mm both measuring 8weeks and 2 days :) she said they look hapoy as larry in there :) not sure whether she was just making me relax or not hahaha. Saw both heartbeats at the same time :) gutted she wouldn't let me take a scan picture home as my H2B wasn't able to come with me xxx

2. Dodsy83

Dodsy83 Well-Known Member

Why weren't you allowed a pic? x

3. SoObsessed

SoObsessed Well-Known Member

So you have 2 membranes around baby. 1 amnion (closest to baby) 1 chorion (closest to mum)
    Twin pregnancies are slightly different. It sounds like you have 1 chorion with amnions inside.
    I hope that makes sense xx

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Shouldve asked to take a pic of the screen with your phone for hubby.

Atleast all is well.

xxxx

5. lilcurly

She said it isn't procedure and that she shouldn't have given me a picture last time. I asked if I could take a picture of the scan or the screen and she said no :-( xxxx

6. Dodsy83

Dodsy83 Well-Known Member

Oh no that's rubbish for you, I've never heard of that before.
    X

7. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Oh for god sake. Proper jobs worth.

I dont think people understand how happy a picture of their baby makes someone.

xxxx

8. lilcurly

Think it's put a dampner on the evening as my H2B seems quite upset that I couldn't get a pic. He keeps saying how ridiculous it is. I feel awful xxx

9. Smileygirl

Smileygirl Well-Known Member

And the meanest midwife award goes to...

That is so horrible, never heard that before, I would ring and ask your local midwife team to see if that really is the case...

Congratulations on the twins though x

#9 Smileygirl, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  10. Clover

Clover Well-Known Member

Awww how mean :( I really think you should of been able to have a picture especially as your HB wasn't able to be there
    Big hugs xxxxxx

11. Allthingsgirly

Allthingsgirly Well-Known Member

Why on earth can't you have a photo of your own baby that's terrible of them! Where are you from?

12. lilcurly

I live in accrington lancashire. I think it's because I'm so early on. The first picture she gave me was after a long horrible weekof the NHS screwing up, so I think she just felt sorry for me :-/ xxx

13. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

Great news that they're both doing well. It's a shame about the pic, but try not to dwell on it or you'll put a dampener on what've should have been an amazing experience. Xxx

14. Allthingsgirly

Allthingsgirly Well-Known Member

Possibly but maybe if that is the case explain that to you don't just say no leaving you questioning why you can't have a picture of your babies.

Only reason I asked where you was from was because I thought you may have been in a different country I don't know of anyone who wasn't given a picture but not to say it doesn't happen elsewhere.

I had a scan @ 38 weeks & asked if I could get a picture & she was really polite when she said that there wouldn't be much point as I would be wasting my money getting one as they wouldn't be able to see much & it was a lot different than the scan I had @ 20 weeks this one I could only see the head & his hair....

Were you scanned @ the EPU by any chance?

15. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Aww shame you weren't allowed a pic but it's amazing to see the HB (or in your case 2)! x

16. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Great news u are doing all doing well. Oh dear I don't understand rules like that xx