Second SA result

Dee28

Reaction score
I posted in ttc too but wanted to post here as well! I picked up the SA print outs from the GP today as the second test results were in, it turns out that the motility isn't the problem as we were originally told (first test 84% normal motility, second test 69%) but it's the morphology that is - first test 2% normal forms and problems in all sections of the sperm, second test 3% normal forms and it is mainly the head that is the problem.

The count has increased from 13.9 million to 22.6 million per ml (total sperm count is 67.8 million) so not amazing but certainly an improvement. I'm not sure what to think really, given the count isn't really high this is still a problem for us but at least most of them are moving which gives me some hope. I can't beleive the GP told us the wrong information, bloody idiots! Feedback please from others with low morphology, i'm so stressed out i need some positive stories! xx

Hi Dee

Glad to hear the count has increased in such a short space of time, I'm not sure about the morphology though.

Hope you get some answers xx

Stupid GP!! I have zero idea about morphology but hope you get some answers :)

Sounds same as ours except our motility was only 40%. Normal sperm 3% and count approx 13million. Not sure what the numbers were on the second test as the letter just came to say persistently low and abnormal so I guess it was similar. Good news that the count has improved as at least that means more of them even if the total percentage is still low. Don't have any advice for you but if we get any news or tips when we get our fertility appointment I'll let you know :) x

Hey hon,

Only just catching up with pf x

How annoying that your GP got it wrong !!

Did your OH do anything different before the repeat test? ie vitamins?

x

He had started the vitamins but it had only been a week so it wouldn't have worked yet. He had half heartedly been taking the zita west vitamen for a few months...not sure of timings affecting the result but there a chance it had started too. He's been drinking a lot of coffee lately so has cut that down to one or two caffeinated cups a day which is meant to have a big impact xx

Ah ok, it's very strange isn't it what seems to be the natural variations for the boys and their swimmers x

Oh really ? Caffeine ?? Hmm that's one to know x

I've got oh on selenium and wellman, he's dropped a stone, not had any alcohol for 9 weeks, hoping that all helps xxx

BabyDust *****

Yes I read in the impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant that several coffees a day can reduce some men's count by 50%!! He's also on pycnogenol and effervescent vit c 1000 and saw palmetto in addition to the zita west vitamens. Fingers crossed you'll get a better result this time, lots of promising threads here and on other forums xx

Wow that's a big number 50% shesh! I'm cutting his tea ration ! Lol x

BabyDust *****

Both me and my oh switched to decaf tea about 6 months ago - I figured it can only help! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back