Second pregnancies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by AngelLily, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AngelLily

AngelLily Well-Known Member

Was anyone's second pregnancies different to their firsts?

I've literally just found out and so far not getting that many symptoms apart from the off sickness. I'm just curious to know how people found their pregnancies alliterating?

2. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

So far mine has been totally different. First trimester my morning sickness was worse this time but instead of losing my appetite it increased massively. Last time I went off loads of foods that I couldn't get enough of this time. Last time my boobs hurt pretty much from conception but this time not so much(might be because I'm still breastfeeding though). I've got an enormous baby bump already this time and can already feel baby kickingaway (placenta isin a different place). I haven't suffered any of the stresses and anxieties that I did last time but I do still have the super dry skin and pelvic pains that plagued me last time. All in all I am enjoying it more second time around :)

3. purpleslurple

purpleslurple Well-Known Member

Apart from being much bigger much earlier the rest has been similar. Last time you wouldn't have known I was pregnant until I was 28 weeks - this time I suddenly got a massive bump at 17/18 weeks!

4. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Mine have been pretty much identical.

Cold/blocked nose at 8dpo.
    No sickness, just nausea.
    Sore nipples up to about 7 weeks, heavy boobs.
    Bleed at 8 weeks in both
    SPD/PGP in both.

Dno if is down to the fact im having another boy and thats why there are the same or not xx

5. Pumpkin9

Pumpkin9 Well-Known Member

I have definitely noticed a difference between my first pregnancy and this one.

With my first I had no sickness, no cravings, and was the picture of health the whole way through. I didn't even suffer from tiredness and was still bouncing around the day before labour. I slept very well too.

This time round I had nausea until 17/18 weeks although was never sick, boobs hurt more but haven't got as big, I've struggled physically from 26 weeks and have struggled with sleeping as well. I've also had a horrible dry sensation in the back of my nose and throat which means I'm drinking gallons of water compared to normal and unfortunately it doesn't make it go away.

Definitely struggling more this time, trying to enjoy it because I know this is my last pregnancy but to be honest I just can't wait for baby to be here now

6. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Last time I was just tired and had sore bound, this time I had no sore boobs, none at all and the tiredness went away (stayed all the way through my first) but I've had a horrible seasick feeling ever since 4 weeks which eacalates at 20 weeks! My acid is much worse and my skin is terrible!!

On the upside despite having me another anterior placenta I'm feeling his baby much more than my last.

7. kaz1983

kaz1983 Well-Known Member

Apart from knowing i was pregnant before testing this pregnancy has been totally different an i hate to say it its been awful im 35weeks today and for the past 7weeks ive bn having bp monitored in the past 3weeks ive been admitted to hospital once for suspected pre eclampsia an second time for dehydration xx

8. Holsf

Holsf Well-Known Member

Mine is quite similar my first pregnancy was so easy hardly knew I was pregnant felt a bit nauseous. This time i feel the same no sickness just nauseous as soon as I get hungry or tired and have to constantly eat as I am always hungry, in the evenings I have been more tired and suffered from more headaches my boobs have got heavier and bigger already where as last time it took a while and I had sore nipples for a good few weeks my symptoms seem to come and go but if I wasn't trying I don't know if I would of known I was pregnant if it wasn't for the missing periods as compared to most I feel good just have some points of the day and days where I feel worse and others I feel great. Not sure if it is a bit worse this time in the evenings due to being a mum already and having a 2 year old to run around after. This time iv been really bloated which I know is quite normal for a second pregnancy.. So I'm swaying towards another boy but would be over the moon with a girl. Xx

#8 Holsf, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  9. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

This is my second pregnancy and it is a mirror image of my first one. I'm very sick, and I just cannot shake the tiredness feeling. I'm very spotty, hormonal and just all round knackered. I am not a human that is cut out for this pregnancy lark I tell you. Xx

10. angie84

angie84 Well-Known Member

My 2nd is totally different to my 1st
    Dd was amazing happy loving it pregnancy apart from spd towards the end
    This one well, sick, dizy, spaced out. Moody, crying, upset, feel a bit down
    Dont fancy eating much.
    Bigger this time but weighed more getting pregnant so that hasnt helped.