Second Midwife Appointment

rainbow.nicola

Reaction score
Booking in appointment next Thursday. I know they take bloods and things, anything else I should be aware of before I go?

Got mine tomorrow morning I'm quite excited but like you don't have a clue lol x

Hi rainbow.nicola, :) At mine they also weighed me :)oooo:), took my height, blood pressure and asked how I was feeling, any swelling feet/hands etc and asked if I had questions. oh and they gave me heaps of reading material! :) x

Do you need to give another sample? They gave me a big baby book at my first appt and told me it was my bible.

I was asked to take along a urine sample (first i had given) and they took some blood to send for tests, yeah think i got that book too! :) x

I had bloods taken, gave a urine sample in a bottle with powder, height , weight, blood pressure, went over family history, allergies, past illnesses, general health etc and ask where you might like to give birth , going through what to avoid, what to take, x

They did the food thing and where to give birth at my first appointment, was a bit overwhelming since I didn't think about it what so ever. haha!

Where I am we only get one appt which lasts an hour or so
I won't see the mw again until 16 weeks now x

When I found out I was they asked me to go down to the doctors to give in a sample, once that came through the receptionist phoned me to confirm results and asked me whether I would like to see the doctor or MW (She attends my doctors once a week). When I went to see MW she just told me what I wasn't allowed, gave me prescription for Folic and gave me leaflets, my book and maternity notes. She also made my booking appt for me, asked where I would like to give birth, told me I'd get a Carbon test and since then I had a letter for my scan appt. So this will be my first appt at the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back