Second bfp at 44

Oh no Syd, I hope that's not the case xx

Yesterday I got "1-2 weeks" on a digi but negative on a regular test so went for a blood test. Levels are 8 which is too low but they're doing a repeat tomorrow to be sure. Been bleeding today. I've never had any symptoms and haven't had a strong positive test, other than the digi. When I was pregnant and July I got really strong positives on the day af was due.

So sorry Syd, such a difficult time xx

:hugs: thoughts are with you hun, so sorry to hear this x

Sorry Syd I've only just caught up with your latest bfp, hope your okay and you got some answers today.

How are u? So sorry u r going through this it's awful after seeing those 2 lines and being so excited xx I pray that level comes up..

Thanks everyone.

The midwife from the surgery called me today (such a different system out here) and told me that given my result from Tuesday's blood test it really wasn't worth coming back in for a repeat as that level means the pregnancy is not viable. I still wanted to go ahead, I know she's right but I need to hear it officially. Had the blood test this afternoon, was hoping to hear back tonight but haven't so it'll be tomorrow morning. Been bleeding on and off since yesterday so it's definitely a chemical.

On the one hand I take comfort from the fact I've gotten pregnant twice in quick succession at 44, on the other hand we won't really have another chance before I turn 45 as I'm back in the UK for two months starting end November and we won't see each other at all. So IVF is our only option now.

As always, I hugely appreciate all the support.

xx

I am so sorry Syd. It is good that you have gotten pregnant in quick succession, I know it doesn't take the pain of it all away though. It is totally heartbreaking.
IVF could be the answer, they can use an embryoscope, basically a camera to watch how the cells divide in the embryo so that they can pick the ones that look the healthiest and therefore more likely to result in a baby.
Thinking of you xx

This is fantastic news Syd I remember following your story in September - thrilled for you and really hope this is it xxx

I am really sorry Syd, it's particularly hard when you've just found out but I told myself the same in reguards to getting pregnant. Keep positive xx

Last edited:
Thanks for the support ladies. Bloods have been confirmed at 3 so no longer pregnant, this one was a chemical. At least it's over quickly unlike in September which dragged on for weeks.

Now looking at dates for IVF.

I'm so sorry Syd ♡♡♡ wishing you all the luck in the world with IVF xxx

Oh no Syd I am so sorry and feel horribly insensitive for having posted before reading all the comments :( I really hope you're ok and at least you aren't suffering the same wait as last time. I'm sure you're feeling horrendous right now but there is hope in bucketloads so try and stay strong.. sending love and hugs xx

Thanks Kate and absolutely no need to feel bad. If we all sat and read through all comments before saying anything we'd never get anything else done :)

Last edited:
ah Syd gutted for you, wishing you all the luck for your IVF plans.

xx

So sorry Syd, I really feel for you ...... been exactly where you are many times and it's the worst feeling in the world.
Wishing you all the luck in the world for IVF and finally getting your take home baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back