second baby..

abilouise

Reaction score
This is my second child, had midwife appt this morning and she said babys head was 3/5 engaged. Does this mean she will be here anytime soon? Iv read in second pregnancy baby's head can go in and out of being engaged. Anyone with experience of this and how long after you were in labour? Iv got nine days till my due date and really don't want to go late xx

Il be watching this as im having second baby and due to see midwife in about a week x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

How old is your son? My little boy has just turned two, and I'm having a girl this time! We are quite similar xx

Last edited:
with my second the head engaged and dis engaged several times before labour...she was not born until 5 days after her due date but my first was born on his due date. x

Oh no, really not wanting to be late I'm unbelievably fed up x

when is your due date?? mine is sunday with 3rd baby..im hoping so much not to go over...mw told me about 3 weeks ago head was 3/5ths engaged. i think the head can be engaged for weeks before anything. i just got a ball to bounce on yesterday and i feel it is def helping baby move down..worth a try xx

oh i just saw u said u have 9 days til due date. u never know baby could make an appearance any time!! xx

i got pro fitness gym ball from argos it was 6.99 xx

Thanks I'm going to Argos today anyway so think I will pick one up x

Yes we r quite similar! O turned 2 just ovr a weekam and a half ago and im havi g a girl haha ! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Hi girls, I had my second baby 3 weeks ago. At all my midwife appointments they kept telling me babies head still wasnt engaged but not to worry as its normal not to engage until the day with second or more pregnancies. I was sooo worried this meant I would go horribly overdue as I remember being engaged from about 33 weeks with my first! I ended up being 3 days early so they were totally right and it didnt happen until the day. I did a hell of a lot of bouncing on the ball though so they may have helped? Either way, don't worry about the now as it doesn't seem to mean anything. Xxxx

Statistically it takes less time for second/subsequent children to go through engagement.

3/5 means most of head still out of pelivis (only 2/5 in) it's a good start and if you didn't spend long with LO engaged last time then it could be soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back