Second baby due in 6 weeks. 3/5 engaged, advice wanted!!

kellyhushhh

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am hoping someone can give me some advice. My second baby is due in 6 weeks. I went to see my midwife on the 14 April, last week, so i was 33 weeks then. She felt my stomach and said the baby was engaged (she has wrote 3/5 on my notes) and was this my first baby. I said no it was my second, she said second babies dont normally engage so soon.hence thinking it was my first pregnancy. Does anyone think this could mean i will have my baby earlier than 40 weeks? I had my first baby at 37 weeks. Any advice would be great, thanks xxxx

Hi there, I had exactly the same thing happen to me with my second pregnancy! And the entire time I was convinced she'd be early...... but she ended up being a week late! :)
basically in subsequent pregnancies babies can engage sooner but not permanently, basically they "bounce" in and out of the pelvis area. They usually say the baby doesn't engage until just before labour in subsequent pregnancies, but it does happen that a baby will engage and then suddenly at the next checkup you'll find it's not or slightly more or less. It definitely doesn't mean the baby will be early, but be prepared anyway... always be prepared as it happens when it happens :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back