Second and subsequent babies

love87

Reaction score
I'm interested to know did you go overdue on second, third etc babies. I went 4 days over on my first and I'm wondering what are the chances of going over again? Also were your labours much shorter, longer or the same. Be interesting to hear your experiences :)

7 days early and 5 hour established labour with first and 4 days early and 3 hour labour!! Pretty textbook but I don't think there's rhyme or reason sometimes x

i was induced with my first and second baby but my 2nd labour was shorter and now I'm pregnant with my third and I'm hoping it's not going to be another induced baby, would like to come into labour naturally at home lol

Exactly the same as Cookie!

I was induced at 37 weeks with both mine and responded to the pessary very quickly and had relatively short labours with both (less than 3hrs in established labour with my 2nd!)

I'm hoping number 3 will be a spontaeneous labour and hopefully will either come a little early or bang on time (after having two early I really don't want to go overdue this time lol. But by the same token I don't want to be induced haha).

Will have to wait and see what happens! :D

My 1st was 11 days over. 11 hours from first niggles, that stopped after 5hrs. So 3hrs45mins labour when pain got intense when waters went, established for 2hrs but only got to 8cm before emergency section.

2nd was 2 days over, 6 hours from first niggles. Not sure when I hit established labour as was only at hospital for 30 mins before he was born. But I didn't believe I was properly in labour until my waters went at the hospital and I needed to push straight away, so a very short labour.

Hoping to not go to far over this time and have a similar experience to number 2 as planning a homebirth and 30mins of awful pain I can deal with lol xx

First was 11 days over, induced with oc. Labour established from 10pm and born at 11.34am by forceps in theatre. Long hard labour

Second born two days ago, 5 days late (spot on by my dates) established labour 11am and born 1.31pm-2 hours 31 mins labour pushing for 6 mins. Intense labour but quick and no stitches :) and a bigger baby! Xx

1st 2 days late and 2nd 8 days late!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back