Scottish Mums

Hi girls I'm in glasgow. Had lo at the GRI. Midwives during labour were fantastic. I found the breastfeeding support a bit lacking and the auxiliaries were very rude (insisting the curtain be open at all times to the point of obsession even when I'm sitting there topless trying to breastfeed! Don't worry they got an earful). Anyway I suppose they are petty things in the grand scheme. Main thing was my labour was good thanks to the doctor and all the midwives xx

Gave birth at Wishaw in May 2014. I had an emergency section and was in for 3 nights. I thought I would hate it but I ended up with a private room and I was struggling a bit to establish breastfeeding so I was more than happy to stay in where there was help at hand. I wouldn't rush to get yourself home, especially if this is your first. From what I understand most places would allow you to stay at least a couple of nights after your first especially if you opt for breast feeding or have a complicated labour/delivery. I don't think there is anything set in stone in terms of when they need to kick you out by! lol

Its good to see so many Scots mums. first timers and multiple timers! Also great to see that the care seems to have been well delivered regardless of region.

Think I am slowly just starting to panic as its getting closer. Decided yesterday I'm not really ready! Feel better about it today though.

When are you due, Copterpops? I'm not due til September but am already quite freaked out about labour! I'll be in the Royal Infirmary, and I've heard they're great, so I know I'll be in good hands - but it's a pretty scary thought!!

I'm a fellow Scot mum to be as well! I'll be giving birth at RAH, but my colleague gave birth at Royal last year and had nothing but praise for it

I'll give myself an honorary title of Scottish mum as I've lived up here for 11 years now but originally from London. I was in Glasgow for my first (2014) and stayed 3 nights as was determined to breast feed but also had difficult labour ending in episiotomy and forceps in theatre plus large blood loss. This time I will be down in Ayrshire and don't have any fixed plans but will always stay for as long as I feel I need because once I got home I found it bloody hard! X

Oh is it crosshouse hospital?

They were in the paper today the maternity unit, some probes into failed mat care last year.

Sure its fine now. But incase you wanna have a goosey.

xxxx

I had my son in the Princess Royal in April 2015 by emergency c-section under general anisthetic. We were in for 4 days, 3 of which I was in high dependency for rare complications and 1 on the main ward just to see how I could manage with the baby without 24 hour support. I cannot praise the staff on the labour ward highly enough they really are amazing, on the main ward I saw a midwife when I got transferred then to finalise my discharge and that was about it.
My SIL had my niece there by emergency c-section in Jan 16. Had her on the Wednesday at 11.16 and was home by visiting on the Friday night. It all just depends on how you and baby are but I don't think they like to keep you in longer than they need to.

Good luck when the time comes.
Cx

Eeee... It's getting closer.

I'm not worried really, just not too sure what to expect. Just more looking for a heads up (also helps to know how much to pack).

I'm starting to get excited now our crib arrived today. Not building it for a while yet, but it definitely makes it feel more real :)

Im a scottish mum (gave birth both times in dumfries and galloway royal infirmary cresswell wing) first time was in for 2nights as i was on a drip with fluids after birth an elise was under the grill

Second time well i got admitted on 8th feb due to high bp protein and bloods for cholestasis and pre eclampsia being all over the place and was discharged on the 13th 2days after merida was born

Not having any more so will only b visiting friends now in maternity hospital xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back