Sciatic pain

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by MysticKitten, Nov 16, 2021.

1. MysticKitten

MysticKitten Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! 19 weeks today. Every night I wake up multiple times because I’m in awful pain. From my hip down the side and back of my leg. I roll over and it happens a few hours later. Repeat. Sounds like the only suggestion is a pregnancy pillow? I don’t really have the pain once I’m up for the day. But I sleep like poo because of it.. ugh.. help?

2. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Hi hun, do you sleep on your back?
    I was told to avoid sleeping on my back during pregnancy, bit I would faint if I did later in pregnancy. It would also ease my pain to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs. Hope your midwife can give you advice.x

3. MysticKitten

I wish I could sleep on my back, I know you’re not supposed to. I only sleep on my sides and it huuurts ):

4. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

No it's good you sleep on your sides! It's discouraged to sleep on your back because the baby crushes one of the main veins, it can cause you to faint.

When sleeping on your side, try to sleep with a pillow between your knees, even a pregnancy pillow works. Your pelvic bones start to separate a bit during pregnancy and makes movement painful.

So you're doing it right hun!x

5. MysticKitten

My love has just told me he’s ordered a special pillow for me so I certainly hope it helps!