Sciatic nerve agony

honeybear

Reaction score
Do any ladies have any advice I've tried everything in the last 24 hours. Even coughing is agony. Ive tried stretches a hot bath a massage. I'm worried with it hurting so bad it's going.to upset the baby if that makes sense.
I have to go back to work Monday and exam in uni Tuesday and I can barely even move off the sofa

I had this. My mw was fab but pretty much said there's nothing doc will do (in a nice way!) Thankfully it went on its own after a couple of weeks but just had to ride it out. Plenty of gentle walking etc rather than keeping still was the best thing I did. X

Thank-you
My dad's currently trying to help me walk about
I'm just worried the pain might upset the baby someway xxx

Don't worry about the baby. It'll be completely oblivious! Fingers crossed it's a temporary thing like mine was and then you can focus on cankles and not being able to sleep instead ;) xx

Oh no it's horrible! I had it in my last pregnancy around 16 weeks and ended up being admitted to hospital for 2wks on morphine and sedatives the pain was that bad. I couldn't sit, could only lie down a certain way for short periods of time but was most comfortable walking. In the morning I had to take paracetamol and 30mg dihydrocodeine an hour before trying to get out of bed. One time the pain was so intense I passed out.

I still have a numb leg 2yrs later. What I found helped short term was a hot water bottle against my butt cheek/lower back. And in the long term Amitryptaline eased the pain. I think I have a very long feeling sorry for myself post in here somewhere from 2014 :lol:

I really hope it eases for you soon but if not get it checked out sooner rather than later. I tried to struggle on for weeks before it got to the acute stage and wish I got help with it before it got that bad.

Acupuncture might help, it helped mine a lot before I had spinal injections

I used to suffer with sciatica, I found seeing a chiropractor was a massive help! Mine had cleared up within a few weeks. It might be worth a try? I feel for you though hon as I know how painful it can be xx

honeybear! i haven't been on pf in ages and just seen this thread!! congratulations i remember you from a few years ago lol not sure if you remember me!
warm baths with tea tree oil help my sciatica and hot water bottles etc xx

When I was around 20 weeks I got really bad sciatica it went away eventually after a few weeks, although I do still have terrible lower back pain the pains down my legs have gone

Lie down on side with pillow between knees and try to relax on your out breaths. That used to 'click' me back into place wherever I trapped that nerve

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

You may find some tips for sciatica or PGP on here? I've been suffering with PGP quite badly and basically have put myself on bed rest 5/6 days per week because going for even a short work really aggravates it and causes days of really bad pain. It's painful even doing nothing, but lying on my side is the somewhat comfortable until I have to roll over and acid comes up :( anyway, I found the below article quite interesting.

http://livelikeyouarerich.com/a-common-medical-misdiagnosis-that-pregnant-women-need-to-know/

Last edited:
Hey honeybear, when I was 23 weeks pregnant, I experienced really painful (ergh it was bad) sciatica so a mate recommended I go to a myotherapy practice. I usually go to Adaptive Myotherapy because it works for me... Was very skeptical at first but it definitely made me feel better over time. They helped to relax my muscles and reduce the tension. Now I'm at 28 weeks and feeling ready to embark on the 3rd trimester. Hope you found something that worked for you!

Cheers,
Penny

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back