School 1977 v's School 2007

SarahH

Reaction score
School 1977 v School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.
2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.
1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .
1977 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.
2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover fire-works, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.
1977 - Ants die.
2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during break and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.
1977 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.

lol very true!!

In my last year at primary, so that would have been 1986, my teacher really helped me out loads with some problems I was having at home and sometimes gave me a hug if our chats upset me....I never once felt threatened and he was definitely not a predator....but I can bet if that happened now he would be accused of it!!

Hmm thats would 1992 the perfect year then cos its a bit of both worlds :lol:

I work in a secondary school and i cant believe the difference with these children to when i was in secondary school.

i mean i never knew where the medical room was or if we even had one. and i have just worked out how many children have been in the medical room since start of school year and it is 1403. these range from a blister, to heart problems.!!!!

and the rudeness of kids to teachers, i wouldnt have dreamt to speak to a teacher in my day (how old do i sound)

I remember when I was about 8 the supply teacher caught me messing around in class and (jokingly) put me over her knee and gave me a couple of taps - more to embarrass me than anything. I imagine she would get into all kinds of trouble these days!

elaine22 said:
I remember when I was about 8 the supply teacher caught me messing around in class and (jokingly) put me over her knee and gave me a couple of taps - more to embarrass me than anything. I imagine she would get into all kinds of trouble these days!

oh my god, she would have been crucified.

what about when i was in infants and we had to do PE in vests and knickers and i forgot to put a vest on and was made to do it topless !!!

I remembered something else from about 1990 when I was in year 1 or 2. There was a girl a year or two above me who I think had some problems so she would lose her temper quite spectacularly on occasion. I remember walking past a classroom where one of the teachers and the head had shut her in a classroom and were both leaning against the door to stop her getting out! :shock: I don't know what the protocols are with children with behavioural problems but I'm sure locking them in a room isn't one! lol

At the primary school I went to, the naughty boys had their trousers pulled down and their bottoms smakcked with a ruler, in front of the class. Now that definitely wouldn't happen now! Would have been around 1981/2...

I also remember asking my French teacher very seriously if he'd fought in World War II. Poor sod - he was probably early 50s at the time (round about '85), so would have been born 8 or 9 when war broke out! :rotfl: Kids have no concept of age, do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back