Scary Hospital lady

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I was getting dressed and didn't have any knickers on. Suddenly a lot of milky fluid ran down the inside of both my legs. I wasn't sure if I'd only noticed it so much as I was naked and whether it was normal so I called my midwife, no answer. Called the delivery suite (you have to call there for advice if you can't get your midwife) and they said for me to go down so they could check me out.
I've also been having some major braxton hicks the past couple of days - whenever I am walking around or move my belly tightens like mad.
So off I trot and am examined by a very young midwife first of all, who when I am in the loo comments to my sister 'she's been here heck of a lot'. I've actually been there once before which was 7 weeks ago when I had a kidney infection and was very poorly! So I was understanderbly peed off when my sister told me what she'd said!
Then a doctor lady wants to examine me - so she asks my sister to leave the room and pushes the chair against the door so noone can come in (there is no lock on the door but it's a delivery room so why would there be and why does she need to worry about that?!?!?)
So starts off with the internal exam - the speculum pops right back out as she can't get it in properly. Then she can't see my cervix properly so she gives me a 'two finger' exam. Then she takes my blood from the side of the crease of my arm with a proper syringe (I am black and blue this morning), so she's pulling this bloody syringe full and there is a lot of resistance to the blood coming out and it hurts. Finally she tells me that she needs the registrar to look at me as she can't tell where this fluid is coming from. On the way out she drops most of the stuff off of her tray as she is trying to remove the chair from the door and leaves her stethascope and name badge on the side for an hour and a half, so makes you wonder why she wasn't questioned for having no id on her!
Two hours later after being hooked up to a doppler for an hour and 20 mins the registrar appears and does the internal (why are men never as gentle when removing the speculum, I've got a little bit of old blood this morning as he was quite rough). Turns out I have THRUSH! Up really high. The midwife said that it can present itself differently during pregnancy and cause a rush of fluid that feels like your membranes breaking. First I've heard of that! But hey, anything not to make me feel like such a dirty toerag with another case of crotch rot!
So off I come home, with the worst case of braxton hicks still and a diagnosis of thrush. Feeling wonderful - not! :roll:

Oh honey, what a naff day for you.

Sounds like you need to be very nice to yourself today - feet up, film on, box of chocs and spoil yourself.

You can make a complaint to the hospital if you feel it is worth it.

Much love

Why is it that whenever you go to the hospital they make you feel like a toerag..... wasting their time and how everything is just so much trouble..... I was admitted 2 weeks ago and the doctor was really well we cant see anything but take it easy.........I can hardly sit still, cant sleep and in pain....sure I will take it easy. Thanks for your help!
Aint it great?

Hi Rosie

(just visiting from 2nd trimester!)

Sorry if this is too much information but I had exactly the same thing happen to me on Wednesday morning but perhaps it wasn't as much fluid as you had as I didn't worry that it was my waters etc. I had some swabs taken about 10 days ago and the results said I had a "harmless" vaginal infection (I laughed so much when you describe it as "crotch rot"!!!) and was given some penicillin - but I don't think it's helped me at all even though my discharge has changed to more milky (sorry again if TMI).

Did they give you anything to cure the Thrush?

Thanks
Lucy
25 + 3

Just some pessaries. I haven't been itching or anything down there which is why I can't understand that I have thrush. :?

I don't have thrush. Called the midwife and she checked my swab results and I don't have it. That would be the 2nd time they've told me I've got it by looking inside my bits (must be really manky in there!) and I haven't had it.

Strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back