scared.

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
This is going to sound SOOOO stupid but I am scared to go for a bath. On New Years Eve I was having a very lovely bath and usually I get my OH to help me out the bath but he was playing a game on the PC and decided to leave him to it. As soon as my foot touched the floor I slipped and ended up falling incredibly hard onto the solid floor and landed on the corner of a plastic box that shouldn't have even been on the floor to begin with. My OH shouted at me for not getting him to help as he picked me up off the floor. I felt dizzy and was sick as soon as I was upright. I went to the hospital and I just ended up with a massive bruise on my back from the fall on the box and a few minor cuts to my hand.

Although everything is fine now, the bruise has almost gone I am finding myself scared of the bath. I've been giving myself a wash down from the basin in the mornings but last week my OH made me a lovely bath and I was practically on the verge of tears just getting into the bath. I just feel like I have lost my confidence.

Aw that sounds horrible hun :(

You must have got a big fright.

I think if you persevere and make sure your OH helps you you should be able to build up your confidence again.
Your OH probably shouted as he was as scared as you at the time.

Argos sell sticker things that are very grippy for your feet and stop you slipping. I think that B&Q do them as well. They are better than the bath mats you get as they are actually stuck to the bottom of your bath and are quite rough like fine sandpaper so you can get a good grip with your feet.

That might make you feel more secure when you are standing up?

Hope you feel better about it soon xx :hug:

aww you poor thing
make sure you get your bloke to help you in and out the bath :)
hope you can get past this
manda xx

aww hun :hug:

No wonder you feel like that! What a fright you had :cry: you'll be ok once you're in the bath, just get OH to help you in as well as out. That way you'll never fall again :)
doh...just realised manda already said that LOL :wall:

hope you get to relax in the bath again soon :hug:

xxxx

yep hun, i agree with what the other have said - get your oh to stay with you while your in etc, you'll soon get your confidence back. i don't blame you either, that's a horrible thing to happen, especially when you're pregnant :( i'm always really cautious when getting in and out now.. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
aww it sounds awful honey, your bloke sounds lovely though. I hope you are feeling more confident soon!

I decided to have a bath tonight so my OH made a big fuss over it and put some lovely bubble bath in and some scented candles. I feel so much better for it but a bit shaky. The OH refused to leave the bathroom which was lovely but then he did what all blokes do eventually and passed gas! In a small bathroom with no window for air and no means to escape! :roll: hehe

I feel daft because I shouldn't be scared of the bath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back