scared

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
just been told this morning that bubs will be with me by the 24th december. my due date is 13th feb s/he is gona be 8 weeks early. all due to pre eclampsia, dont wana leave me any longer than tht cos gets more dangerous for both of us.

has anyone else had a baby around the same sort of stage? i know well be in the baby intensive care unit but how long for? will i be able to breast feed theres so many questions!

argh help

32 week gestation babies do really well in general. dont worry, im sure if they feel it necessary you will be given steroids to get babys lungs ready earlier and everything will be in place in NICU to give baby the best start possible. i shouldnt think you would be in intensive care for very long, i dont know the circumstances and every baby is different but from what i have seen, babies at that gestation are in hospital for around 2 weeks to a month. or until they are feeding, gaining weight and holding their own temperature.

please dont worry.xx :hug:

p.s. do you know roughly how much your baby weighs?

emma was born at 30 weeks so if you want to chat PM me :D

Hey hun :D

Jonah was induced at 32 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. He weighed 3lb11oz, was in an incubator for two weeks, cool room for 10 days and then we were transferred back to our local hospital where he was for 2 weeks before we got him home.

Feel free to ask whatever you want and I know it sounds easy, but try not to worry too much. You find strength you never knew you had.

You'll get lots of cuddles and skin time, and can express your milk while he is tube fed, so he's still getting your milk until you can actually breast feed.

Good Luck with everything...keep us updated. :hug:

thanks... i didnt actually get chance to read ur replies til now and as u may already know i had a baby girl onfriday 14th at 8.01pm, i got too poorly 2 quickly n had 2 have an emergebcy section.

shes now 54 hours old and is on/off cpap just when her lil lungs get a bit tired so still in NICU but the midwives n staff have been brilliant, they've made all the difference for me

we're both doing really well :cheer:

congratulations :cheer: i hadnt seen till now i hope shes home soon and you have a lovely christmas together

aw congratulations sweety, im glad ur both well! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back