Scared

Missk2014

Reaction score
Hi

I'm still waiting for my period so not sure if I'm pregnant yet.

Just wondered if anyone here would be or is in a similar situation.

I am 24, living away from home a good 4 hours drive. I live here so I can see my partner every couple of weeks. It's not possible to move closer to home.

Salary of £800 a month from me plus £200 from him. Is anyone living on similar income with a baby? Is it possible? I'm scared I won't have enough after rent being between £500 and £600 a month

Hi MissK, might be better to post a thread in a more busy section such as pregnancy chat.
I cant give you an answer on your situation, but I pretty much lost a huge chunk of my income just before I got pregnant and OH is a student, lots of women are in the same boat with money worries, but there will be benefits you could be entitled to, such as some housing benefit, child support and child tax credits.
Also, how long have you worked for? You need to figure out if you can get maternity leave, or if you'll have to apply for statutory maternity pay... something like that! Worth seeing the Citizens advice bureau, they might be able to help you out with info too xx

This is my part time salary and I am entitled to housing benefit and tax credits.
Why not do a test if your late x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back