Scared to go to sleep because of bad dreams

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by baby1201, Jan 31, 2016.

1. baby1201

baby1201 Well-Known Member

I keep having really bad dreams. I don't usually have nightmares but seems to be happening every night atm. I don't remember having them in my previous pregnancies. The other night I dreamt I was being attacked by snakes and they were so real I woke up and didn't dare put my legs out the covers incase a snake bit me. Then last night I woke up really upset as I went to the toilet and was bleeding, then the baby fell out into the toilet in a big sack which I ripped open and the baby was too premature to survive so I thought but it was crying and I couldn't get hold of an ambulance. I checked the sex and it was a little boy. Strange dreams! Is this happening to anyone else?

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Hope you managed to get some nightmare free sleep last night. I'm having vivid dreams but not nightmares thankfully. It does settle down though xx

3. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Oh no that's awful for you, hope you manage to get some nice sleep soon x

4. baby1201

baby1201 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Had another bad dream last night about snakes. I don't know what it is with these snakes!x

5. Sweet_Pea

Sweet_Pea Well-Known Member

I've been having some very bizarre and vivid dreams since we conceived, I get them every night but luckily they're not horrible or frightening. I googled it and it seems vivid dreams are really common due to the surge in hormones... hope they improve for you soon x