Scared Stiff!!!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
Well, i have 9.5 weeks left til due date and i am so scared!!
Wouldn't mind but it's my second so i know what happens etc!! Lol

It's a mad feeling, i am excited cos i know what an experience it is, but on the other hands there are all sorts of fears running through my head.

Oh well it's got to come out some way!!
I just thought i'd have a moan

:D

I know what you mean, I more scared this time round cos I DO know what to expect! The first time I just ignored everything and it was a complete shock when I had her at 39 weeks cos I was expecting her to arrive on her due date.

This is your second time and you know what to expect. This is my first and I have no idea! I have researched and had millions of conversations over the past 7+ months but all experiences are different. I don't even want to think about the whole process, I am knowing this will not be a breeze AT ALL, but I know I am in denial about how this is going to be for me.

Personally... I am scared silly. I am due Jan 6th, therefor I have 8 weeks + left. I can't imagine even going through this for another 2 months. (8 weeks sounds like nothing) 2 months sounds crazy. I am feeling really tired and bloated today. I had a thousand things to do today, including moving into my new appartment... I just couldn't do it. I felt faint and tired all day long, and I haven't even done the Christmas shopping yet, that process will involve me getting on a plane to fly to the city next week. WILL I BE ABLE TO DO THAT??? I can't see it right now.

Maybe it is just today!!! (hopefully) but it is starting to hurt on my pelvic bone (left side) every time I walk. I am hoping this is temporary also....
Is it???

I think we have come a long way and when we see this precious little baby all will be fine. I just wish the time was here now so that these feelings both physical and mental will subside!!

Thinking of you both,

Tineke

Now I'm scared stiff becuase you're scared stiff because you know what to expect :shock:

Well I'm still not scared and trying to remind myself every day that thousands of people give birth every day and survive it.

We are women. We were built to survive childbirth, so I am keeping myself as calm as possible.

I've heard/read/watched a lot of stuff about labour and, Ok, I'm not relishing in the idea, but it doesn't really scare me. Yet!

LOL @

Now I'm scared stiff becuase you're scared stiff because you know what to expect

Well this is Baby number Six, and im still scared stiff cos Im a Big Wimp !!!

Ragna xxx

:lol: That was funny LOL :lol:

We will all be fine!! and you are right Sarah! we are built to do this, I'd love to see what men would do if they were the one this happened to.... THEY WOULD BE SCARED STIFF :D

Men would have to take six months bed rest afterwards and leave us holding the baby! :lol:

If they think that having a cold is the same as flu, then god help them in the labour ward!

:D

LOL Sarah

No, if Men had to have babies, Civilisation would have ended just after Adam !!!

Ragna xx

LOL very true Ragna. I'm not scared of labour still even after my taster, I'm just scared of the unpredicatability
and not knowing exactly when it will happen. If I had a date to work towards I think I could plan a bit better
(I'm a organisational Capricorn totally!).
I'm looking forward to meeting my baby and finally bonding with him. I feel like I can't even get close to him right
now as I don't know what the future holds.
If I'm ever mad enough to do this pregnancy malarky again I bet I will be terrfied when it gets closer 2nd time
round !
I have now decided I think I will have an epidural no matter what happens - I honestly don't think I could
cope otherwise anymore! :shock:

I'm not scared of labour still even after my taster, I'm just scared of the unpredicatability and not knowing exactly when it will happen.

I felt exactly the same Sami, until I was told that I'd probably go close to full term. I think that's why my mind has now turned to labour.

It's a nightmare not knowing when you're baby will arrive because you feel you have to get everything ready just in case but you don't know what size or how much or anything.

I feel like I can't even get close to him right now as I don't know what the future holds

The panic and upset you're feeling shows you're close already. That's when I realised how much I felt for my baby aleady.

I've calmed right down now I'm in week 30 because I think if she comes now she'll be ok. I still want to get to 40 weeks though :D

Well thanks for all your replies.

I am not scared of the labour, it's just i had a bad time having Amy and they have told me to expect it all to happen again.

I must admit i watched all the birthing programmes going when i was pregnant with Amy, and YES it did help keep me calm through out cos i'd seen how things are dealt with and what the next stages are etc, but to be honest i haven't bothered this time round as i know my birth won't be straight forward and as cosy as theirs!!

Oh god sorry if i sound so negative but when you get told to expect things to go wrong in your birth it just puts the willies up you a bit. This is the last baby i am having and i knew it would be a bad delivery but i didn't want Amy to be an only child.

Don't get me wrong the whole experience of labour and birth was amazing and something that i would do over and over again if the after math wasn't so bad.

:D :D :D :D

I'm starting to come round to the epidural thing Sami

To hell with all this earth mother stuff, just get me the drugs! :lol:

I'm also an organisational capricorn as well, so I know where you are coming from with that as well!

My birthday is on the 5th Jan, thats close to yours isn't it?

I have just under 3 weeks and I am crapping myself! :( Just want baby in my arms. I am quite sure though that my labour is going to be half an hour at the longest and pain free :lol: :?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
I'm starting to come round to the epidural thing Sami

To hell with all this earth mother stuff, just get me the drugs! :lol:

I'm also an organisational capricorn as well, so I know where you are coming from with that as well!

My birthday is on the 5th Jan, thats close to yours isn't it?

My birthday is the 5th of January too!! How wierd! Our babies are so close in due date too. Your mum isn't called Carolyn is she :shock: :lol:

emma1976 wrote:
I have just under 3 weeks and I am crapping myself! Just want baby in my arms. I am quite sure though that my labour is going to be half an hour at the longest and pain free

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL mine too

Blimey your a bit adventerous!!!

half hour!! Pain free!! not on your nelly!!!

Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sarah - How wierd is that!! :lol: Your a few years older than me so maybe not quite my long lost twin then - damn. :lol:

Amy's mum - stop ruining my fantasy :wink: I think I am 'slightly' prepared for the pain, just maybe not the duration. I know an epidural can kill the pain a fair bit - but the timescale is a whole other ball game eh. And I said I wasn't nervous at all 3 months ago and was going into it hoping for no pain releif ............................. :shock: (what planet am I on?!)

I totally have been thinking the same thing Sami

I'm not really worried about pain so much as the fact that labour tends to drag on and on and on.

How gutted would we be if we had survived on gas for a few hours and thinking we were doing really well, only to be told that we were only dilated by 3cm and had many many more hours to go. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thats what gets to me.

Oh well. We will survive.

Well ladies i am here to put a dampers on things, AGAIN!!!

I was in labour 29 hours in all, and i was 2cm's dilated for about 15 of them!! i was having contractions every 2 minutes which were 1min 30 secs each so i had 30 secs rest between and still i didn't dilate!!
They had to break my waters and put me on a drip to get things going.

It is tiring but the with the pain you think everyone brings you closer to the end!! :D

And when you have the little bundle in your arms it all goes from your head.

It's the best experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back