Scared of insects!!!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by BubbleOne, Oct 14, 2005.

1. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Feeling like I'm constantly on edge at the moment with all the different insects about!!!
    This will sound crazy but I seem to be terrified of all of them at the moment!!
    I've always been scared of spiders but I can normally stay calmish!! Lately I just freak out and get in such a state I end up having a panic attack. I end up crying, sweating and shaking and having trouble breathing!! I've also resorted to leaving every light on in the house in the evening so that I can see if there are any hiding in corners etc!!
    Moths and Daddy Long Legs too!! I normally just catch moths in a cup and throw them back outside and I used to catch Daddy Long Legs in my hand!! But lately I will leap up and out the room at the sight of one and leave OH to deal with it!!
    Why am I like this?
    Is it just me?
    LOL xxx

2. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

Hi there...
    Gees..... I really feel for you!!!!!! I absolutely hate beasties of any sort and give myself a hernia on a daily bases, slapping my arms in the air - legging it to another room or something!
    I hope I can make you feel a wee bitty better by reminding you that at least the little beggers aren't poisonous or harmful!
    Unfortunately here in SA, I deal with scorpions, huge hairy and poisonous spiders and strangely enough - a snake at my work today!!!!! I don't mean that I work with them as my job - they're just part of the scenery here. Aughhhh.... makes my blood go funny. So, no - it's not just you - I run miles every day!!!!!!! A move back to UK will be bliss for a while!
    Good luck :?
    Emilia xx

3. CyberGazer

CyberGazer Member

... I used to tolerate any and all creepies but now I jump thru the roof and have to get the otherhalf to remove them from the room for me.

I also can't watch anything even remotely scarey film wise which is a pain in the bum as I normally love a frightening film. Walked out of the cinema 5mins into Descent and couldn't even watch the lame-o House of Wax!

I've turned into an uber wuss.

4. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Remember that by leaving lights on you are actually attracting some bugs like moths and daddy-long legs though!