Scared and confused...please help!!

Dannii1234

Reaction score
Hi there...I hope there is someone who can help me...

I am 25 years old and ALWAYS used condoms with my boyfriend. I am usually due my period between the 25th and the last day of each month...but I'm late...about a week late! I don't think I have ever been this late before and I am very scared as I don't feel 100% ready for something like this. I have my period symptoms such as sore boobs, headaches, tiredness, bloating but just no bleeding and it's extremely frustrating. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests so far...one at 3 days late, 4 days late, 5 days late and this morning but ALL negative! It's very confusing and upsetting. All tests were the first response and they claim to be 99% accurate which makes me feel a little bit better.

Also just to add as it may be relevant but I have suffered anxiety and panic disorder most of my adult like and I was wondering if this could affect my periods? The moment I realised I was a few days late I started freaking out and is on my mind 24/7 so is it possible my body is just stressed and this may be delaying my period?

I hope someone can help as I feel very lonely and confused right now...thank you :)

Hi Dannii, I think it is unlikely that you are pregnant. First response are a good quality test and if you are late for your period nearly all ladies will see a positive result on these if they are indeed pregnant. There are a very very small percentage of ladies who never get a positive home pregnancy test when they are pregnant but this is really unlikely (and usually your mum/other female relatives will have had the same issue).

It could well me your anxiety that is delaying your period. It could also be that you just had a bit of a wonky cycle, occasionally you may not ovulate and this can also delay your period and is normal to happen at some point in your life.

You can go to your GP and see if they will do a blood test for you too if you are very anxious.

I hope you get the result that you want.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Feeling a bit better now :) if I still haven't started my period by the end of the week I will go see my doctor and get advise from them. Thank you!

UPDATE -

I'm now having cramps and just started to bleed now...it's not a lot as I have just started but I am now about two weeks late for my period. Could this be my period coming in or spotting? Negative pregnancy tests still.

I had that once where I was 4 weeks late. It was stress related so maybe your anxiety might have played a part in the tardiness of your AF. If you're not sure, make an appointment with your doctor!

Most likely your period, you probably ovulated later than normal which has delayed it :)

Should I take another test in a few days to make sure? I have the doctors on the 16th so I will request a blood test. It's so frustrating and scary :(

UPDATE -

Definitely AF!!! Mind is at ease now that I know what is going on haha. Thanks for the help xx

if you use condoms and all tests are negative then you are not pregnant so dont worry.

you could be late for any number of non pregnancy related reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back