Scar Tissue - Can it effect a vaginal labour?

SLHRK

Reaction score
I was unsure of which part of the site to post this in, so please let me know if there will be a more appropriate place to ask this!!

Basically at the bottom of my vagina, I had a fairly large scar from about 2 years ago, and wondered if this will effect a vaginal labour? I am only 21 weeks pregnant at the moment, but was unsure whether to go to my GP about this or not, and if yes - would imagine sooner is better than later! It sometimes hurts when I have intercourse with my partner if there is pressure on the scar, and this worries me for childbirth as there will be a much greater amount of pressure during birth.

I ask this as I know that scar tissue isn't as stretchy as normal skin, and if there may be something I can do to help it, I would love to know!

Hi sorry can't really offer advice other than use oil on the scar to help soften it. I would also talk to gp or mw coz as you say it's not stretchy and could make it more painful for you. They would be able to obviously tell you. I'd mention it can hurt when having sex to. Hope it goes ok.

Hey! From my last pregnancy I had 52 stitches after labour and have tonnes of scar tissue down there, but my midwife has reassured me people rarely tear a second time round so I am kind of counting on this. If your scar tissue isn't from a birth, I would definitely mention it to your midwife or doctor xx

Thanks for the advice! I have my next midwife appointment on 6th June so will probably just mention it to her then, instead of booking a GP appointment and see what she says from there :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back